NT Home Page
Neo-Tech Home Page
The Ultimate Leverage for Riches
Neo-Tech Advantage #11
SELF-ESTEEM AND THE REWARDS FROM LIFE
Happiness of man and woman is not based on sex or pleasure, but on self-esteem. Self-esteem acquired through honesty and productivity is the requisite for romantic love and psychuous pleasures. Within a romantic-love relationship, psychuous sex adds an intensity to human pleasure unattainable elsewhere in life. Psychuous pleasures are the rewards for day-by-day, rational, productive actions. Psychuous pleasures, financial prosperity, romantic love, and long-range happiness are the rewards of a productive, honest life.
Self-esteem is a person's estimation of his or her self-worth. Self-esteem is based on the ability to live independently, happily, competently. Self-esteem is dependent on one's effectiveness in dealing with reality. A high level of self-esteem requires a commitment to objectivity and honesty. But objectivity and honesty do not occur automatically. One must constantly work hard to be objective and honest. And one must always work to maintain those qualities or they will slip away.
Self-esteem is that emotion of feeling worthy and competent to live in this world -- of feeling in control of life. That feeling depends on having a value-producer orientation or value-destroyer orientation as listed in the following self-evaluation test:
- I earn my livelihood by producing competitive values tradeable in the free market.
- I am a student gaining knowledge necessary to become a producer of values tradeable in the free market.
- I do not earn my livelihood by producing values for others. Instead, I live off of values produced by others.
- I am a student learning how to manipulate people by using government, religion, or other forms of neocheating and mysticism to usurp a livelihood from the value producers.
Orientation for Positive Changes
- I will stop living as a usurper and learn to become a producer of competitive values in order to earn my prosperity and achieve happiness.
- I will withdraw my support from those neocheaters who through direct or indirect force or coercion live off the efforts of others.