Subject: Fwd: [Telux] Next Meeting: "High-Level Programming Concepts Using Perl 6" on 22-March

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 19:33:27 +0200

----------  Forwarded Message  ----------

Subject: [Telux] Next Meeting: "High-Level Programming Concepts Using Perl 6" 
on 22-March
Date: Thursday 12 March 2009
From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
To: Telux <[email-masked]>

Hi all!

The Tel Aviv Open Source Club will host part one of a series of talks by Gabor 
Szabo ( http://www.szabgab.com/ ) about "High-Level Programming Concepts Using 
Perl 6" - on 22-March-2009.

The meeting will take place at Tel Aviv University, at the Schreiber Maths&CS 
building, room 008 on 18:30. So mark your calendars. For more information can 
be found at:

* http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/telux/

* http://wiki.osdc.org.il/index.php/Tel_Aviv_Meeting_on_22_March_2009

With any other problems, feel free to contact me:

http://www.shlomifish.org/me/contact-me/

Abstract:
---------

High-level programming concepts using Perl 6

A series of presentations on learning and using Perl 6 from the ground up to 
the special features.

Many would think that Perl 6 is just a new version of Perl and that it might 
only be interesting for Perl programmers. However, Perl 6 is in fact a 
compiled language running on a virtual machine that embraces many new concepts 
not found in most programming languages.

The presentations will be equally interesting for Perl, Java and C# 
programmers.

During the series of talks we will start by learning the basics of the 
language and will get to various high level concepts. For now we plan 2 
sessions but if we need more time we'll schedule more meetings.

Note

After the talk we go to the café at the main entrance where we can continue 
the discussion. If people bring portable computers, we can get the off the 
ground on the spot. VirtualBox images will be provided with everything that is 
needed for playing with Perl 6 set up inside. So you may opt to bring a 
computer with VirtualBox installed. 

----------

We are always looking for presentations on interesting topics. If you have an 
interesting idea for a talk, feel free to contact us and we'll co-ordinate a 
date.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish      http://www.shlomifish.org/

<mauke>    I'm not interested in what you're doing; what are you trying to 
           achieve?
<PerlJam>  mauke: I'm trying to achieve world peace and this regex is
           the last thing standing in my way! ;)

-------------------------------------------------------
-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
"Humanity" - Parody of Modern Life - http://xrl.us/bkeut

God gave us two eyes and ten fingers so we will type five times as much as we
read.