Subject: Shlomi Fish

From: Elad Efrat <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2004 22:03:48 +0300 (IDT)

please ban this person from the mailing list. i really can't stand his
spamming anymore. if he'll go on with his pathetic attempts at getting
attention ("I WROTE A FREECELL SOLVER FOR THE PAST 9 YEARS") i'll have
to take handling of the problems on my own or outsource it to someone
else.

hackers-il is for HACKING. not free software, linux, ori idan's perverted
stories about 16 year old girls, chess, wikis, stealing designs made
by other people, OR POSTING YOUR RESUME AND SAYING YOU GRADUATED. if you
want to continue with such action, please name it something else than
'hackers'-il.

i remained quiet during the 'development environment' crap that was going
on a while ago but this is too much. i don't believe this list is heading
anywhere useful (and yes, i will unsubscribe if it goes on, dont suggest
it yourself) and the goals should be refreshed.

there is plenty of free/open software propaganda in israel as it is, we
do NOT need another channel to receive it.

and please, don't bother replying if you're going to say something like
'free software and programming is hacking' etc. - i don't need you to
educate me. you want to believe your pathetic kernel patches and flawed
software (or THE FREECELL SOLVER) is hacking? that's okay with me, but
don't go and call this list 'hackers'-il.

thanks.

ps: since when this list became moderated?

---

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 10:18:04 +0300

Hello Elad,
Unfortunately for you, the name if the mailing list is somewhat misleading.

Historically, it was a spin-off from the Linux-IL mailing list, which is 
devoted to all kinds of philosophical discussions which are not 
interesting to people interested only in Linux-IL.  Several of those 
discussions have been triggered by...Shlomi Fish's questions, interests 
or comments.

Indeed, without Shlomi Fish, the mailing list would have been very 
different (and more boring for most of those who stay on it).

If you don't like the current topics, why don't you contribute your own 
interesting topics and questions?
                                              --- Omer
My own blog is at http://www.livejournal.com/users/tddpirate/

My opinions, as expressed in this E-mail message, are mine alone.
They do not represent the official policy of any organization with which
I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

---

From: Ori Idan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 09:41:39 +0300

Shlomi Fish has contributed very much to this list,
so what if he likes to talk about Freecell solver?
This is also a software and thus considered hacking.
I think we can regard this message as a Troll message so actually even 
my post is redundant...

--
Ori Idan

Elad Efrat wrote:

>Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: "Nadav Har'El" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 11:42:19 +0300

Hi Mr. Troll,

> spamming anymore. if he'll go on with his pathetic attempts at getting

Oh,... YOU can't stand it. Let's ban him then!
Hmm, wait, I think I remembered something... YOU DON'T OWN THIS LIST!

> to take handling of the problems on my own or outsource it to someone

Is this some sort of threat? If it is, I didn't understand what it means.

> want to continue with such action, please name it something else than

Hackers-il is not for *hacking*, it's for *hackers*. People who enjoy
sophisticated computer programming, not limited to breaking other people's
security defenses (known as cracking, not hacking). But it's for everything
that these people find relevant - computers, computer science, free software
philosophy, programming tricks, programming languages, other intellectual
activities, and so on. Graduation announcements may be a little off-topic,
indeed, but not more off-topic than your own troll, and certainly less
offensive. And besides, did you ever see a mailing list without off-topic
posts? Shlomi's off-topic posts have become folklore on this list, and
when served in small doses can be tolerated :)

> it yourself) and the goals should be refreshed.

No, you should unsubscribe and find yourself another list which you approve
of. This list had its good times and its bad times, but for several years
its focus was more or less the same.

> do NOT need another channel to receive it.

Since 90% of the subscribers of this list actually believe in what you are
calling "propaganda", and do most of their hacking on free software
platforms, your request is absurd. It's like telling us "Don't talk about
computers, there are plenty of other lists which talk about them".

> don't go and call this list 'hackers'-il.

Wow, this guy perfected trolling into an art form :)

You just insulted half the list's population, not just Shlomi. What gives
you the right to call kernel patches we (?) produce "pathetic"? What exactly
in software I produce is "flawed"?

> ps: since when this list became moderated?

It is not, unless you post from an unsubscribed address.

-- 
Nadav Har'El                        |         Monday, Aug 23 2004, 6 Elul 5764
[email-masked]             |-----------------------------------------
Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |Give Yogi a rifle. Support your right to
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |arm bears!

---

From: Tal Rotbart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 00:17:37 +0300

My answer to all such trolls -- if you don't like a person's writings
-- don't read it.

---

From: Arik Baratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 01:33:54 +0300

> My answer to all such trolls -- if you don't like a person's writings

...and if you don't like what's going on in this list - Yahoo has an
excellent verified removal mechanism.

-- Arik