Subject: Insightful article on Java/C# finalizers vs. C++ destructors

From: Omer Musaev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 16:10:14 +0300

C++ destructors are methods that are executed when current
continuation leaves the scope where the object was defined.

But there are no destructors in Java.

Hans J. Boehm, of the "Hans J. Boehm C++ Garbage Collector" describes why
there are no destructors in Java, what are "finalizers" that we do have in
Java but not in C++ and what is the difference.

Interesting.

http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/popl03/web/html/slide_1.html

--
Omer Mussaev
Software Engineer, EMS team, APM R&D
Mercury Interactive

________________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned for all viruses. 

Mercury Interactive Corporation
Optimizing Business Processes to Maximize Business Results 

http://www.merc-int.com
________________________________________________________________________