Subject: [Fwd: The Security Forum - meeting #6 -19/12/04]

From: Gadi Evron <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 21:58:45 +0200

Subject: The Security Forum - meeting #6 -19/12/04
From: Gadi Evron <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 16:55:06 +0200

Hello!

The next, non-commercial, technological Security Forum will take place
on Sunday, the 19th of December, 2004, at Tel Aviv University's Lev
Auditorium.

112 people came to our last meeting on the 17th of October. The air
conditioner worked well, but it wasn't cold enough (at least for me
personally).

Schedule
--------
17:45 - Gathering - hot and cold drinks will be served.

18:00 - Golan Brener, Director - B.GRG LTD.
   Lecture: Wireless hacking & technology.
   Level: Technological. There will be a discussion of protocols and
          techniques.

   Golan will discuss different wireless protocols, their weaknesses,
   implementations and ways of protecting and breaking them.

   There will be wireless hacking demonstrations, but the bulk of the
   lecture will be about the technology itself - and not necessarily just
   the protocols and/or vulnerabilities we are all familiar with.

19:20 - We will break for a short recess, as well as for
   refreshments and networking between members - hot and cold
   drinks will be served.

19:40 - Ofir Liber, adv. Information Security Dept. Manager, Internet
   Zahav.
   Lecture: The Trojan horse defense.
   Level: This lecture will be suited for all levels.

   In his lecture, Ofir will discuss the legal defense known as "the
   Trojan horse defense". I.e., "I didn't do it! It was the evil hacker
   who broke into my PC!".

   Ofir will provide with a general overview, legal issues, defending and
   prosecuting with that pretense, is it even viable? etc.

Hot and cold drinks will be freely available.

Attendance is free.

For a map of the university please visit:
http://www2.tau.ac.il/map/unimapl1.asp

For future and past lectures, presentations and general information:
http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/tausec

You can also visit our Orkut community (Tausec):
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=422590

Thank you all, and please pass this information to others.

Who we are
----------
The Security Forum, hosted by the Tel Aviv University, started when a
few of us talked about there being an (almost) complete lack of
professional and social events on security in Israel which are not
completely commercial and about "sticking products down out throats".

We decided to do instead of complain, and here we are.

In previous meetings we had over a hundred arrivals, varying from
soldiers and students, through programmers and government CSO's, all the
way to CEO's and CTO's of different companies, banks and other
institutions. Some have been part of our community since the 70's and
some are just people who are interested in the subject.

Have a good week,

--
Gadi Evron,
Information Security Manager, Project Tehila -
Israeli Government Internet Security.
Ministry of Finance, Israel.

[email-masked]
Office: +972-2-5317890
Fax: +972-2-5317801
http://www.tehila.gov.il

Tehila is one of the top most attacked sites in the world.

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 This Mail Was Scanned By Mail-seCure System
 at the Tel-Aviv University CC.

---

From: omer mussaev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 04:31:02 -0800 (PST)

--- Gadi Evron <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ATTACHMENT part 2 message/rfc822 name=The Security
Forum - meeting #6 -19/12/04
> Thank you all, and please pass this information to

=====
--
o.m.

		
__________________________________ 
Do you Yahoo!? 
Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we. 
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail