Subject: [Fwd: The Security Forum - meeting #5 -14/11/04]

From: Gadi Evron <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 21:49:42 +0200

Subject: The Security Forum - meeting #5 -14/11/04
From: Gadi Evron <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:31:19 +0200

Hello!

The next, non-commercial, technological Security Forum will take place
on Sunday, the 14th of November, 2004, at Tel Aviv University's Lev
Auditorium.

108 people came to our last meeting on the 17th of October. The air
conditioner worked too well (some people complained it was cold).

Schedule
--------
17:45 - Gathering - hot and cold drinks (+gviniyot) will be served.

18:00 - Aviram  Jenik, CEO - Beyond Security.
   Lecture: Open source in Commercial products.
   Level: This lecture is suited for all levels, although it will be
          technological.

   Aviram will discuss open source security products and their impact on
   the industry.
   How some security products became the blueprint for commercial
   products and how one can integrate both into one environment.

   Also, there will be a _technological_ discussion of open source
   software technologies that don't exist in commercial products and the
   opposite - what works where, or didn't work - and why?

   Why would some prefer commercial software and others open source,
   especially when it comes to security?
   Pros and cons.

19:20 - We will break for a short recess, as well as for
   refreshments and networking between members - hot and cold
   drinks (+gviniyot) will be served.

19:40 - Evgeny Pinchuk, SOC team - Radware.
   Lecture: Covert Channels in Networking.
   Level: This lecture will be highly technological, and low-level.

   Due to popular demand, Evgeny will lecture again.

   His lecture will be about Covert Channels in Networking.
   IP, TCP, ICMP, ..., any other protocol - how people might send a
   covert message using these protocols without being noticed?

Hot and cold drinks (+gviniyot) will be freely available.

Attendance is free.

For a map of the university please visit:
http://www2.tau.ac.il/map/unimapl1.asp

For future and past lectures, presentations and general information:
http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/tausec

You can also visit our Orkut community (Tausec):
http://www.orkut.com/Community.aspx?cmm=422590

Thank you all, and please pass this information to others.

Who we are
----------
The Security Forum, hosted by the Tel Aviv University, started when a
few of us talked about there being an (almost) complete lack of
professional and social events on security in Israel which are not
completely commercial and about "sticking products down out throats".

We decided to do instead of complain, and here we are.

In previous meetings we had over a hundred arrivals, varying from
soldiers and students, through programmers and government CSO's, all the
way to CEO's and CTO's of different companies. Some have been part of
our community since the 70's and some are just people who are interested
in the subject.

Have a good week,

--
Gadi Evron,
Information Security Manager, Project Tehila -
Israeli Government Internet Security.
Ministry of Finance, Israel.

[email-masked]
Office: +972-2-5317890
Fax: +972-2-5317801
http://www.tehila.gov.il

Tehila is one of the top most attacked sites in the world.

 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 This Mail Was Scanned By Mail-seCure System
 at the Tel-Aviv University CC.