Subject: Version Control System Comparison

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:49:07 +0300 (IDT)

Hi all!

I started out a comparison of version control systems on an item by item
basis:

http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/comparison.html

Currently it covers CVS, Aegis, Arch, BitKeeper, Monotone, OpenCM and
Subversion, but I'm looking for other additions. I'm also looking for
suggestions for other items that these systems can be compared against
each other.

You can find the XML sources and the Perl script that was used to convert
it to HTML here:

http://better-scm.berlios.de/comparison/

I wrote the script using Perl's XML::LibXML module, which is a wrapper
around libxml. I found it a very convenient toolkit, much more than
XML::Parser.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/

Writing a BitKeeper replacement is probably easier at this point than getting
its license changed.

	Matt Mackall on OFTC.net #offtopic.