Subject: TopCoder

From: Alexander Maryanovsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 12:42:25 +0200

Hi folks,

I've recently discovered a great site for coding competitions - 
http://www.topcoder.com
The basic rules of each competition are that there are 3 phases:
1. Everyone writes programs that solve 3 given problems.
2. Everyone can look at everyone else's solutions and "challenge" them by 
providing input you believe the solution will fail on.
3. The system checks everyone's submissions.

You then get points and a rating based on how well you did. It's really fun 
and I suggest trying it.
My "secret" agenda behind posting this is that they currently don't give 
out cash prizes to winners from Israel (you have to choose a charity to 
which to donate all your winnings), but if there are enough Israelis 
participating, it'll encourage them to do whatever work is necessarily 
(from a legal point of view) to add Israel.

Let's bring our wonderful country to the top, so don't join if you suck :-P 
Currently Sweden is leading, with Ukraine 2nd.

Alexander (aka Sasha) Maryanovsky (aka msasha on topcoder.com)