Subject: Tip: Using rlwrap to wrap interactive command line applications using GNU readline

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 21:47:42 +0200

Hi all!

After asking something on #lisp, someone recommended rlwrap to me:

http://utopia.knoware.nl/~hlub/rlwrap/

It wraps the prompts of a command line apps using GNU readline and gives one 
history, fancy editing and all other readline goodies. I recall a thread in a 
mailing list where an Israeli Linuxer said he still had the sources for an 
earlier program to provide such things, but it didn't use GNU readline. So 
here's an alternative that does.

Note that on Mandriva (at least 2007) one may encounter the following problem 
when using it:

http://qa.mandriva.com/show_bug.cgi?id=28432

I mention a workaround there, but still didn't produce a revised SRPM.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish      [email-masked]
Homepage:        http://www.shlomifish.org/

Chuck Norris wrote a complete Perl 6 implementation in a day but then
destroyed all evidence with his bare hands, so no one will know his secrets.