Subject: President of the Internet - redux

From: "Nadav Har'El" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 16:09:22 +0300

Well, maybe I'm not yet the "President of the Internet". but Google did
bestow the following titles on me:

(for each of these "titles" the first Google result is one of my pages,
not necessarily my homepage)

	"Nadav"
	"hard pronouncing name correctly"
	"wonderful, highly-acclaimed Israeli mathematician"
	"best free software guy in haifa"
	"hacker messing around with Linux and software freedom"

And the less flattering

	"dangerous raving lunatic and linux idealist"
	"mean human that torn five cute kittens to pieces"
:-)

Two years ago, "Technion doggie" used to find me. Nowadays, it finds a
linux-il posting that discusses this. That's the way google bombs are
defused :(

-- 
Nadav Har'El                        |      Wednesday, Sep 8 2004, 22 Elul 5764
[email-masked]             |-----------------------------------------
Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |Why do programmers mix up Christmas and
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |Halloween? Because DEC 25 = OCT 31

---

From: Adir Abraham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 18:46:53 +0300 (IDT)

Cheater ;)

> 	"dangerous raving lunatic and linux idealist"

Ah? This gives RMS lunch with linux-il.. :)

> 	"mean human that torn five cute kittens to pieces"

This gives someone's blog.

Damn, are we bored or what? :)

	Adir.

---

From: "Nadav Har'El" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 23:11:14 +0300

> Ah? This gives RMS lunch with linux-il.. :)

Well, it's not exactly my homepage, but It's my posting... :)

> This gives someone's blog.

No it doesn't, it gives a part of my home page, about my pets (don't
worry, it doesn't say I ever tore kittens to pieces ;)).

> Damn, are we bored or what? :)

:)

-- 
Nadav Har'El                        |      Wednesday, Sep 8 2004, 23 Elul 5764
[email-masked]             |-----------------------------------------
Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |We could wipe out world hunger if we knew
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |how to make AOL's Free CD's edible!

---

From: Gilad Ben-Yossef <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 15:59:41 +0300

>>Ah? This gives RMS lunch with linux-il.. :)
The most embarrassing thing that happened to me with Goggle was when I 
had trouble with the runtime resolving symbols in some library and when 
I went to the all mighty Goggle to learn more (I searched for "dynamic 
linker") I got as a first hit - my own lecture on the subject in 
Haifux... which was great for the ego, but didn't really help much :-)

>>Damn, are we bored or what? :)
The correct answer is of course: "what".

Gilad