Subject: Two things are certain in life and one of them requires Internet presence to be dealt with

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 01:34:16 +0300

Payment of taxes does not require special preparations as far as one's
Internet presence (domains, Websites, blogs, membership in social
networks, etc.) is concerned.

However, when one dies, one's Internet presence needs to be dealt with
some way or other.  This includes either account deletion or surrender
of passwords to other people.

How did people prepare their Internet presences for their deaths?
Are there cases, in which people set up funds to pay for continued
registration of their domains and hosting their Websites after their
death?

--- Omer

-- 
Feedback from one of the visitors to my
http://www.zak.co.il/deaf-info/old/ Web site:
"I found nothing helpful at this site so go to hell. Fuckers"
My own blog is at http://www.zak.co.il/tddpirate/

My opinions, as expressed in this E-mail message, are mine alone.
They do not represent the official policy of any organization with which
I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

---

From: Arik Baratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 10:45:35 +1000

> of passwords to other people.

Personally, being an Atheist and currently having no family of my own - I do
not worry myself with what would happen after my death. I certainly wouldn't
care anymore and my parents probably wouldn't care if my facebook isn't
updated. Everything I have will probably expire after a fashion, some stuff
is on auto-payment and would expire when my relatives get a hold of my
assets and stop it.

I have one family domain, which is hosted on godaddy and my family use for
email. I guess they'll have to hash it out with godaddy or the domain
provider I would move it to after it expires (I did godaddy when they were
still considered good and registered for 10 years in advance...) but it
would be their problem and I'm pretty sure they will be someone technical
enough to fax them my death certificate and get a hold of the account. All
that considering they are still alive and caring. One of my brothers
perhaps.

> registration of their domains and hosting their Websites after their

I definitely don't care enough about my on-line presence when I die. Do you?
If someone else does, it's up to them to back it up and maintain it. Not my
problem any more :)

-- Arik