Subject: Catalog of Logical Fallacies

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:05:32 +0200

There's a catalog of logical fallacies here:

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/

It is very interesting and enlightening. I especially liked the "Ad Hominem" 
fallacy:

http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/ad-hominem.html

In which a claim is attacked based on the one who presented it instead of 
whether it is valid or not.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

-- 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish      [email-masked]
Homepage:        http://www.shlomifish.org/

Knuth is not God! It took him two days to build the Roman Empire.

---

From: Tal Rotbart <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 02:42:21 +0200

While a logical fallacy, "Ad Hominem" is quite useful. Comes in
especially useful when the idiot head of R&D suggests something which
you know is going to lead to software-doom, except, he is too stupid
to understand the technical reasons for it.

You thus press Left-Left Fire-Fire Right in sequence and thus given
the ability for the "Ad Hominem" special attack, which leaves the
idiot head of R&D clutching his kahunas.

Q.E.D,

Tal

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004 13:05:32 +0200, Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Yahoo! Groups Links

-- 
/************************************************

  Tal 'redbeard' Rotbart
  Software Wizard

  eMail:  redbeard of gmail dot com
  Tel:    +972-2-671-6178
  Mobile: +972-52-896-5025

  Snail mail:
          Klozner 7/2
          Jerusalem 93388
          ISRAEL

************************************************/