Subject: What you can find in the Wiki?

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 16:58:03 +0300

Well, since the Wiki debut, it has seen a lot of contribution by me, and a 
relatively limited one by Omer Zak. In hope of getting cooperation, I am 
making this post which details some of the material presented there.

First of all, I created a logo for our group:

http://www.hackers.org.il/mediawiki/index.php/Our_Logo

I hope you like it. If not, then we can have a logo competition.

Next there is the meta-page:

http://www.hackers.org.il/mediawiki/index.php/Hackers-IL

It links to our charter and mini-charter.

There's a page where members can list themselves:

http://www.hackers.org.il/mediawiki/index.php/Hackers-IL_Members

(so far there are three - Chen, Omer and I)

Our beloved founder has her own page here:

http://www.hackers.org.il/mediawiki/index.php/Chen_Shapira

And there's a silly discussion of her first name here:

http://www.hackers.org.il/mediawiki/index.php/Chen

There's a page about Mercury Interactive here:

http://www.hackers.org.il/mediawiki/index.php/Mercury_Interactive

Some common Hackers-IL themes are featured as well:

http://www.hackers.org.il/mediawiki/index.php/Who_is_John_Galt%3F
http://www.hackers.org.il/mediawiki/index.php/Marc's_Differential_SCSI_Cable
http://www.hackers.org.il/mediawiki/index.php/The_mysterious_IGLU_Cabal
http://www.hackers.org.il/mediawiki/index.php/Knuth_is_not_God

There's also a page about Memorable threads:

http://www.hackers.org.il/mediawiki/index.php/Memorable_Threads

(currently with two - hint anyone?)

The Technion has a short page:

http://www.hackers.org.il/mediawiki/index.php/Technion

What would be a Hackers-IL wiki without an entry about Freecell Solver? ;-)

http://www.hackers.org.il/mediawiki/index.php/Freecell_Solver

Quoting from it:

<<<
The project Shlomi Fish does not stop raving about. Or at least he didn't used 
to. Freecell Solver, or FCS for short, is a library and a standalone program 
written in ANSI C to solve boards of several Solitaire games. It is an 
open-source software distributed under the Public Domain. 

(If you think I made too much focus on myself in the wiki, you have a grain of 
truth. To balance it fill it with content with too much focus about _you_.)

There's an entire section devoted to holy wars.

http://www.hackers.org.il/mediawiki/index.php/Holy_Wars

Currently there are three wars: "GPL - God or Demi-God"; "Editor Wars" and 
"Favourite Distribution".

And naturally, there's a note saying we're not computer intruders:

http://www.hackers.org.il/mediawiki/index.php/Computer_Intruders

(<sigh />)

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish
-- 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish      [email-masked]
Homepage:        http://shlomif.il.eu.org/

Knuth is not God! It took him two days to build the Roman Empire.