Subject: Paul Graham's new article

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 01:28:21 +0200

Paul Graham differentiates among the American "quick and dirty" approach
to product design and the Japanese obsession with excellent design.

http://www.paulgraham.com/usa.html

I wonder where we, as Israelis, stand in this classification.

My guess is that the Israeli way is to use temporary solutions, which
somehow become permanent with warts.

Another characteristic which I ascribe to the Israeli way of doing
things is the traditional Israeli approach of doing things with
absolutely the minimum quantity of frills, because the budget has been
laughingly small.  However, in recent years, there is enough money to do
some extras once in a while.
                                        --- Omer
-- 
My own blog is at http://www.livejournal.com/users/tddpirate/

My opinions, as expressed in this E-mail message, are mine alone.
They do not represent the official policy of any organization with which
I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html