Subject: Fwd: [Telux/OSDClub Meeting] Software Management Discussion Session

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:20:02 +0300

----------  Forwarded Message  ----------

Subject: [Telux/OSDClub Meeting] Software Management Discussion Session
Date: Wednesday 18 June 2008
From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
To: Telux <[email-masked]>, Perl in Israel <[email-masked]>

The Tel Aviv Linux Club (also now known as OSDClub - Open Source Developers' 
Club) will hold a meeting on Sunday, 29-June-2008 about "Software Management 
Discussion".

The meeting will take place at Tel Aviv University, at the Schreiber Maths&CS 
building, room 008 on 18:30. So mark your calendars. See 
http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/telux/advanced.html for "how-to-get-there" 
instructions.

We will shortly resume our normal presentation meetings as some people have 
volunteered to give presentations in July.

The meeting's topic:
--------------------

We will discuss various popular Software Management and 
Philosophy-of-software-engineering metholodogies and "gurus":

* http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/
* http://www.joelonsoftware.com/
* http://www.paulgraham.com/
* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extreme_programming

And others.

What we'll do is gather and exchange stories from our work and discuss what we 
think of the various ideas, suggestions and paradigms given in the resources 
above.

Some reading material in preparation for the meeting:

ESR's:

#. http://www.catb.org/~esr/writings/cathedral-bazaar/

JoS:

#. http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2008/03/17.html

#. http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/FindingGreatDevelopers.html

#. http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000036.html

Paul Graham's:

#. http://www.paulgraham.com/hp.html

#. http://www.paulgraham.com/gh.html

And my own:
 
#. http://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/computers/high-quality-software/rev2/

#. 
http://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/computers/software-management/perfect-workplace/

-----------------

For more information don't hesistate to contact the coordinator:

http://www.shlomifish.org/me/contact-me/

More information about Telux can be found at its homepage:

http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/telux/

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
Funny Anti-Terrorism Story - http://xrl.us/bjn7t

The bad thing about hardware is that it sometimes work and sometimes doesn't.
The good thing about software is that it's consistent: it always does not
work, and it always does not work in exactly the same way.

-------------------------------------------------------

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
Why I Love Perl - http://xrl.us/bjn88

The bad thing about hardware is that it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.
The good thing about software is that it's consistent: it always does not
work, and it always does not work in exactly the same way.