Subject: codesh - The COllaborative DEvelopment SHell

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 19:36:50 +0200

I spotted this on Freshmeat:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/codesh/

Reading from the description:

<<<<<<<<
The CODESH (COllaborative DEvelopment SHell) project provides an automatic 
persistent logbook for sessions of personal command line work by recording 
what and how is being done, for private use/reuse and for sharing selected 
parts with collaborators. It is an intelligent shell that automatically logs 
a user's command line (shell) session: commands, scripts executed, output 
produced, changes to environment variables, alias creation, and other 
information needed to recreate the session later. Sessions are uniquely 
tagged and stored in local or distributed backend repositories and can be 
extracted and reproduced at any time by the user who created the session or 
by collaborators located anywhere in the world.

Looks like an interesting idea and also an innovative one. (albeit I'm not 
sure how useful it would be for me.). And it's GPLed.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish      [email-masked]
Homepage:        http://www.shlomifish.org/

Chuck Norris wrote a complete Perl 6 implementation in a day but then
destroyed all evidence with his bare hands, so no one will know his secrets.