Subject: [TelFOSS] Announcement: "Programming Red Flags" on Sunday, 28-June-2009

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:54:20 +0300

Hi all!

The Tel Aviv Open Source Club invites everyone to a talk by Yaron Meiry 
(Sawyer) about "Programming Red Flags" - on Sunday, 28-June-2009. (Notice the 
one week postponement).

The meeting will take place at Tel Aviv University, at the Schreiber Maths&CS 
building, room 008 on 18:30. So mark your calendars. More information can 
be found at:

* http://www.cs.tau.ac.il/telux/

* http://wiki.osdc.org.il/index.php/Tel_Aviv_Meeting_on_28_June_2009

Attendance is free and everyone are welcome.

With any other problems, feel free to contact me:

http://www.shlomifish.org/me/contact-me/

Abstract:
---------

Some programming habits should be avoided at all costs; some should be 
considered with care and some are just divine. Red flags tell us what to try 
and avoid and what to inspect more closely. They are a sign of code that might 
become problematic or straightforwardly dangerous. The talk will be Perl-
oriented (with Perl examples) but the programming practices are generic and 
can be applied to most programming languages, so if you program in Ruby, 
Python, PHP or other languages, this talks to you as well.

Hopefully by the time we're done, you'll be able to write cleaner, more 
maintainable, less error-prone, and better code. If not, your money back 
guarantee! 
----------

We are always looking for presentations on interesting topics. If you have an 
interesting idea for a talk, feel free to contact us and we'll co-ordinate a 
date.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
Understand what Open Source is - http://xrl.us/bjn82

God gave us two eyes and ten fingers so we will type five times as much as we
read.

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 13:33:23 +0300

Hi all!

This is a last day reminder that we will have a meeting at Telux tomorrow 
(Sunday, 28-June-2009) at 18:30 about "Programming Red Flags". More 
information can be found in the quoted message below.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

On Wednesday 17 June 2009 20:54:20 Shlomi Fish wrote:
> (Sawyer) about "Programming Red Flags" - on Sunday, 28-June-2009. (Notice
> the one week postponement).
>
> The meeting will take place at Tel Aviv University, at the Schreiber
> Maths&CS building, room 008 on 18:30. So mark your calendars. More
> information can be found at:
>
> considered with care and some are just divine. Red flags tell us what to
> try and avoid and what to inspect more closely. They are a sign of code
> that might become problematic or straightforwardly dangerous. The talk will
> be Perl- oriented (with Perl examples) but the programming practices are
> generic and can be applied to most programming languages, so if you program
> in Ruby, Python, PHP or other languages, this talks to you as well.
>
> We are always looking for presentations on interesting topics. If you have
> an interesting idea for a talk, feel free to contact us and we'll
> co-ordinate a date.
>
> Regards,
>
> 	Shlomi Fish