Subject: The best Solitaire version among MS-Windows XP, Gnome and KDE

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 00:50:13 +0300

"It takes patience to find the best solitaire"
http://software.newsforge.com/software/05/07/28/1639234.shtml?tid=149&tid=130&tid=22

Alas, the game variant being tested was Klondike rather than Freecell.
                                                             --- Omer
-- 
Jara Cimrman.  A name to remember.
My own blog is at http://www.livejournal.com/users/tddpirate/

My opinions, as expressed in this E-mail message, are mine alone.
They do not represent the official policy of any organization with which
I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 10:59:37 +0300

> Alas, the game variant being tested was Klondike rather than Freecell.

One thing that should be noted is that "solitaire" or "patience" is a generic 
name for single-player solitaire card games. The "Solitaire" in Windows is 
actually an implementation of somoe of the many Klondike variants. This 
article insists calling Klondike "solitaire" at times too.

Another thing missing from it is reviewing PySol, which while not integrated 
into any desktop, is my favourite implementation to play Freecell or Simple 
Simon. (and has support for many other games including Klondike, too).

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish      [email-masked]
Homepage:        http://www.shlomifish.org/

Tcl is LISP on drugs. Using strings instead of S-expressions for closures
is Evil with one of those gigantic E's you can find at the beginning of 
paragraphs.