Subject: JEdit opens new window each time...

From: "Evgeny Gesin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:28:53 -0000

I run JEdit 4.2 on Fedora 2. The buffer of open files is enabled.

JEdit opens a new window each time when I click on a .java file. I get
multiple windows, but I need a single window where I use a pulldown
menu to switch between files.
Ideas?

Evgeny Gesin
Javadesk / AllTelescopes Owner

---

From: omer mussaev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 02:53:29 -0800 (PST)

> menu to switch between files.

Don't do it, then.

> Javadesk / AllTelescopes Owner

=====
--
o.m.

		
__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail - You care about security. So do we.
http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:17:26 +0200

> menu to switch between files.

Evgeny,

for the last time - *Hackers-IL is not a help-desk*. Please direct other 
forums with such questions. Why do you keep sending such questions here 
despite the fact that we keep telling you to avoid it?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

-- 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish      [email-masked]
Homepage:        http://www.shlomifish.org/

Knuth is not God! It took him two days to build the Roman Empire.

---

From: "Evgeny Gesin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 13:31:55 -0000

Dear Shlomi,
can you list what can I post here?
1,2,3..

Thank you very much!

Evgeny Gesin
Javadesk / AllTelescopes

---

From: "Evgeny Gesin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 14:15:44 -0000

Dear Shlomi,

this is going personal, so I'm waiting for your kindly response.

Regards
Evgeny Gesin
Javadesk / AllTelescopes

--- In [email-masked], "Evgeny Gesin" <evgenygesin@y...>

---

From: guy keren <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:43:51 +0200 (IST)

> can you list what can I post here?

evgeny, hard as you might try to sound cute, shlomi is quite right - this
list was not meant for asking "how do i use this software?" questions. as
broad as the scope of topics discussed on this list is - it does not
include, to my best judgment, asking questions like that, because there is
no hack value in this.

go to linux-il, or gnubies-il, or some other list whose agenda does
include answering such questions.

this is not snobism - i'm listed on both lists - this is a simple attempt
to split things so people can decide _when_ to read them, and _if_ to read
them.

now, how can you make up for the "damage" you've done? why, post a hackish
message here, ofcourse. such as - how would one implement a destructor in
java (one that behaves like in C++, not the 'finalize' method which is
invoked at a random time by the garbage collector). this is hackish, since
it attempts to make java do something it wasn't originally meant to do.

waiting for your enlightening javadeskfull ideas,

-- 
guy

"For world domination - press 1,
 or dial 0, and please hold, for the creator." -- nob o. dy