Subject: [RESEND] Everyone vs. Java

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 15:44:19 +0300

[ My previous message did not arrive at Yahoo Groups after a long time of 
sending it so I'm sending it again. I apologize if it two copies arrive.]

Hi all!

Recently RMS wrote a piece about the fact that writing free software Java code 
is problematic because its dependencies are not free:

http://www.whatsup.org.il/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=2931&thold=0&mode=thread&order=0

(or for the Hebrew impaired:
http://programming.newsforge.com/programming/04/04/07/2021242.shtml?tid=54
)

In response to that a certain "bombadil" wrote a comment there (it's on the 
whatsup article) where he said that Stallman was misleading and that as a 
Java programmer he also could not understand why open-source hackers reject 
it up-front. I wrote my response to him (also in Hebrew):

http://www.whatsup.org.il/modules.php?op=modload&name=NS-Comments&file=index&req=showreply&tid=9135&sid=2931&pid=9131&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0#9135

(dang, these long PostNuke URLs)

Hope you enjoy reading it and it can start another Java vs. the world 
flame-war. ;-) I (or someone else) may be able to translate this comment to 
English, but don't count on it.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish      [email-masked]
Homepage:        http://shlomif.il.eu.org/

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.
        [Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound.]