Subject: "Haskell for Perl Programmers"

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 16:42:31 +0300 (IDT)

Well, the Israeli Perl Mongers have decided to hold a series of "foreign
languages introductions" in which people introduce languages other than
Perl to the mongers. So far we had a "Tcl for Perl Programmers"
introduction by Gabor Szabo and we are going to have a "Ruby for Perl
Programmers" introduction next meeting.

To add snow to the snowball, I prepared a "Haskell for Perl Programmers"
intro:

http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/lecture/Perl/Haskell/slides/

Note that corrolaries with Perl are not present, so it is suitable for
people knowing similar languages like Python, Tcl, LISP, Scheme, Ruby,
etc.

Read and enjoy!

You may also enjoy reading this thread in the Israel.PM mailing list:

http://perl.org.il/pipermail/perl/2003-September/003116.html

It contains a debate whether it is possible to do FP in Perl.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/

Writing a BitKeeper replacement is probably easier at this point than getting
its license changed.

	Matt Mackall on OFTC.net #offtopic.

---

From: Gabor Szabo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 01:10:30 +0300 (IDT)

> http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/lecture/Perl/Haskell/slides/

The lecture of Shlomi about Haskell was scheduled to 11th December.
You can see the full schedule of the presentations on our web site
at http://www.perl.org.il/meeting.html

You are all invited to visit us in the center of the country.

Gabor