Subject: August Penguin 5 - an announcement

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 14:45:10 +0300

NOTE:  The English version of this announcement appears after the Hebrew
version.

אוגוסט פינגווין 5

כנס "אוגוסט פינגווין" החמישי, הכנס השנתי של עמותת "המקור"[1], ייערך השנה
בשיתוף עם האוניברסיטה הפתוחה[2] ביום שישי, 11 באוגוסט. הכנס ייערך בקמפוס
האוניברסיטה הפתוחה שברעננה.  הכנס יתחיל בשעה 9 בבוקר.

הכנס השנה יתקיים בסימן "הקהילה מדברת". הכנס יורכב מפאנלים של הפעילים:
- תוכנה חופשית במערכת החינוך. האנשים, שמלווים את הטמעת לינוקס בתוכניות
הלימודים בבתי הספר, ידברו על האתגרים ועל ההצלחות.
- תוכנה חופשית ועסקים. מספר בעלי עסקים, שמתפרנסים מתוכנה חופשית ונלוויה,
ידברו על החדירה של לינוקס מחד ותוכנה חופשית מאידך לעולם העסקים.

כמו כן, גלעד בן-יוסף מחב' קודפידנס יתאר את Asterisk, תוכנה חופשית לניהול
תקשורת טלפונית באמצעות המחשב האישי, שהינה שימושית עבור מוסדות עם מרכזיות
פרטיות.

הכנס אינו טכני ומיועד לקהל הרחב. הכנס יהיה בחינם לחברי וידידי עמותת
"המקור". לשאר הקהל, דמי הכניסה הינם 30 ש"ח.

תוכנית הכנס כפופה לשינויים.  מידע נוסף ועדכונים[3]

[1] http://www.hamakor.org.il/
[2] http://www.openu.ac.il/
[3] http://ap5.israel.net/

---- English version of the announcement ----
August Penguin 5

The fifth "August Penguin" conference, the yearly conference of the
"Hamakor"[1] nonprofit, will be held this year in cooperation with the
Open University[2] on Friday, August 11th.  The conference will be held
in the Open University campus in Ra'anana.  The conference will start at
09:00 in the morning.

This year, we will emphasize the "Community Speaks" motiff.  The
conference will be composed of panels of volunteers:
- Free Software in the educational system.  People, who assist in
integrating Linux into the schools' educational programs, will speak
about challenges and successes.
- Free Software and business.  Business people, who make a living from
Free Software and paraphernalia, will discuss penetration of Linux and
other Free Software into the world of business.

In addition to the above, Gilad Ben-Yossef from Codefidence LTD. will
describe Asterisk, a Free Software telephony application, which is
useful for organizations with private branch exchanges.

The conference is not technical and is meant for the general public.
The conference will be free of charge for "Hamakor" members and friends.
For other people, entrance fee will be 30NIS.

The conference's program is subject to changes.  Additional information
and updates[3]

[1] http://www.hamakor.org.il/
[2] http://www-e.openu.ac.il/
[3] http://ap5.israel.net/

-- 
May the holy trinity of  $_, @_ and %_ be hallowed.
My own blog is at http://tddpirate.livejournal.com/

My opinions, as expressed in this E-mail message, are mine alone.
They do not represent the official policy of any organization with which
I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html