Subject: iglu.org.il (eskimo) upgrade finished.

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 17:18:33 +0300

Hi all!

Today, Lior Kaplan and I went to Actcom to perform the iglu.org.il upgrade. 
The bottom line is that:

1. It now runs an up-to-date version of Debian Sarge. (instead of Debian Woody 
which it has previously ran).

2. It has a new 320 GB IDE hard-disk, which will be utilized for mirrors and 
for other space-intensive tasks.

3. The various web-server domains, the mail server and the ssh server were 
rudimentarily tested and found to be functional. (according to these tests)

As a result of this upgrade, eskimo went offline for several times this 
morning, but now everything should be in order, and we can continue with the 
normal operation.

We'd like to thank Amir Plivatsky and the rest of the good people at Actcom, 
for letting us host iglu.org.il (and other free software related servers) 
there, and for allowing us to perform the upgrade in an optimal manner.

Watch the linmagazine blogs of Lior and I for a more complete story of the 
upgrade, and for our thoughts on the subject.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish      [email-masked]
Homepage:        http://www.shlomifish.org/

Tcl is LISP on drugs. Using strings instead of S-expressions for closures
is Evil with one of those gigantic E's you can find at the beginning of 
paragraphs.