Subject: MPAA serves DMCA style letter to Israeli ISP - Actcom

From: Tal Rotbart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:30:57 +0200

MPAA sent a letter to Actcom to force them to disconnect users who were
sharing movies. I am very disappointed with Actcom for complying without
requiring a court order!
They used to be a very good ISP, the first in Israel! Back when you had to
get authorization from ILA to have an account on the Internet... Now they
have turned sour.

The good news is that an unnamed manager in another ISP specifically said
that if they got such letters they would not comply without a court order.

Check out this article on The Marker:
http://themarker.msn.co.il/tmc/article.jhtml?brand=msn&ElementId=%2Fibo%2Fre
positories%2Fstories%2Fm1_2000%2Fskira20031014_99.xml&origin=ibo&layer=hp&la
yer2=&layer3=technology

-Tal

________________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned for all viruses. 

Mercury Interactive Corporation
Optimizing Business Processes to Maximize Business Results