Subject: hackers.org.il

From: "Arik Baratz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 11:57:20 +1100

Hi folks,

As you may or may not know, I'm the owner of these two domains:

hacker.org.il
hackers.org.il

They are up for renew soon, so:

1. As for hackers.org.il, I would like to let someone in Israel handle
the renew, possibly also take over the domain too. It includes
transferring it from ISOC to another registrar. I'll keep it and do it
myself if there are no takers, it will stay up, but living abroad
doesn't make dealing with ISOC easy, what with the annoying fax
business and the phone calls etc.

2. As for hacker.org.il, it is pretty much unused now. I'm willing to
hand it over to the highest bidder... or the person who asks the
nicest... nah, I'm not asking for monetary compensation so I want to
know it's in good hands :-)

Any takers?

-- Arik

---

From: Eli Billauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 12:01:16 +0200

Hello,

This may be the opportunity to discuss a related issue: Are there are 
any impressions from the new Israeli registrars?

Personally, I moved my domain to Galcomm, and I can't say I'm very happy 
with them. To begin with, the transfer itself wasn't reassuring (I don't 
remember exactly why, but I didn't get the feeling that the domain had 
landed somewhere).

But what really annoyed me is that they started sending me newsletters. 
Even though they are rare, I really didn't expect to get any unrelated 
email from my registrar, such as the recent "Galcomm.com Special Offer" 
for some domain class I have no interest in.

Other experiences out there?

    Eli

Arik Baratz wrote:

> .

---

From: "Arik Baratz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 11:12:09 +1100

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 9:01 PM, Eli Billauer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This may be the opportunity to discuss a related issue: Are there are any
> impressions from the new Israeli registrars?

I've moved a couple of domains (python.org.il included) to LiveDNS.

Their interface looks like it was designed by a newbie, and it's using
ASP (GASP!) but on the other hand it works in Firefox quite well.
Especially after I ad-blocked all the flash on their site.

The transfers work well, I got a confirmation email from them minutes
after I got the ISOC confirmation email. They also tell you exactly
what to do to make the transfer work, including a link to the ISOC
form.

I emailed support about the name I want on the receipt and they
replied usually within a day. Not the quickest but reasonable.

I didn't experience any of the other registrars. No newsletter. I'm
not sure if I opted out of it or did anything special (I automatically
opt out of anything when I sign up for accounts).

I don't work for or otherwise affiliated with any Israeli registrar.

-- Arik

---

From: "Arik Baratz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 00:26:58 +0800

Answering to myself...

> business and the phone calls etc.

Since there are no takers, and since the domain is in use, I will
renew it myself unless someone contacts me by mid-December and takes
over.

> know it's in good hands :-)

If no one wants it, I will let it expire. When I do, some of those
nasty old domain reclaimer companies are probably going to get it. If
you're interested, you have a better act now.

-- Arik