Subject: RE: [hackers-il] The "Mafteach" methodology

From: "Ofir Carny" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 07:43:25 +0200

IIRC, I think the 5th is the 1st stage - Yzum (project initiation), which is a very preliminary project outline.

-----Original Message-----
From: Arik Baratz 
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 6:34 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [hackers-il] The "Mafteach" methodology

This document needs to be filled (you get a MS Word template) in the 
requirements phase of the software project, which produces your software 
requirements (SR) document. You than save it, and rewrite the whole 
thing at the design phase, which gives you the design document (DR). The 
life cycle of this document actually follows the lifecycle of the 
software project. The lifecycle of the project has 5 phases, which are 
(from memory) the requirements phase, the design, implementation, 
maintainance. Yes, there are 5 but I can't remember the 5th or where it 
fits.

---

From: Chen Shapira <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 11:19:46 +0200

> 1. For a methodology whose use is mandatory in government software
>    biddings, this methodology seems not to be discussed in 
> open mailing
>    lists and forums.  Does Methoda require users to keep secret
>    any comments and criticism on the methodology?

I've studied this methodology in a university course. 
We discussed in length the pros and cons of it.
I don't think there is any requirement to keep the methodology secret, its
just very uninteresting :-)

> 3. Is it compatible with the use of Free Software tools in 
> projects, which
>    need features, which are available from Free Software tools?

It doesn't deal with such things at all.
You can use whatever tools you want, as long as you document your process,
test your results, etc. 
This methodology doesn't require any specific tools, its just specifies a
"development cycle".
If you do XP, you'll have a difficult time using "Mafteach". Otherwise,
it'll probably match what you do anyway.

Thanks,
Chen.

________________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned for all viruses. 

Mercury Interactive Corporation
Optimizing Business Processes to Maximize Business Results