Subject: Quality of management of domain registrations?

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 01:44:01 +0300

In view of the disappearance (hopefully temporary) of the
http://www.advogato.org/ domain (now I get redirected to an home page of
dotster domain registry) and in view of having recently read that
people, who miss renewing their domain registrations even when not
notified that the time to pay arrived - lose their domain names:

I am wondering whether the Israeli .co.il and .org.il are better managed
than worldwide .com and .org domains.
I also am wondering which countries manage the best the corresponding
domain names.

It is only me but if I were to register a domain name, I'd prefer to
choose a country, which will manage it well, rather than take my gambles
with .com domain registries.
                                             --- Omer
-- 
Jara Cimrman.  A name to remember.
My own blog is at http://www.livejournal.com/users/tddpirate/

My opinions, as expressed in this E-mail message, are mine alone.
They do not represent the official policy of any organization with which
I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

---

From: "Nadav Har'El" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 10:28:08 +0300

> than worldwide .com and .org domains.

Not really...
Every two years, when it comes time to renew one domain I own, I get a
snail mail message saying I should renew that domain, BUT, that just this
time they sent me a snail mail and they'll never do it again and they don't
know my email address, and so on and so on.

How hard is it to mail [email-masked]? Or fetch
http://www.the.domain and see if it lists any email addresses (it does)?
Or just continue to send snail-mail without complaining?

So I never rely on their advance warnings, and instead I just remember on
my own to check my domains' expirations once in a while.

-- 
Nadav Har'El                        |      Saturday, Sep 24 2005, 20 Elul 5765
[email-masked]             |-----------------------------------------
Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |This space is for sale - inquire inside.
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 08:55:15 +1000

> with .com domain registries.

It's not a matter of country but of domain registration companies. For instance
you can find companies based in Australia which provide domain registration
to all the TLD domains as well as for New-Zealand, England, US, east Asia,
South Africa and more.

--Amos