Subject: Valentina Database and Rosetta

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 13:38:11 +0300

I recently spotted this on Freshmeat.net:

http://www.valentina-db.com/

It's a database server that claims to be very fast. It's object-relational. 
Here's what wikipedia has to say about it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentina_(Database)

They sport some bindings to PHP and Ruby, but not to Perl and Python, for some 
reason.

Searching for "valentina" on CPAN yielded this:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Rosetta/

It seems like some kind of database abstraction layer, but I'm not sure I 
fully understand what it's about. It's also under the GPLv2+. But it seems 
interesting.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
Understand what Open Source is - http://xrl.us/bjn82

God gave us two eyes and ten fingers so we will type five times as much as we
read.