Subject: Software patents in Israel?

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 15:48:45 +0300 (EET DST)

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/31472.html

Given that it is inevitable that software patents will reach Israel sooner
or later, due to pressure from our big trading partners in USA and Europe:
Is anyone doing anything to prevent software patents from crippling
software development in Israel?
                                             --- Omer
My opinions, as expressed in this E-mail message, are mine alone.
They do not represent the official policy of any organization with which
I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

---

From: Gilad Ben-Yossef <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 17:17:13 +0300

> software development in Israel?

AFAIK, we already have software patenets in Israel. I seem to recall 
that RSA was registered as a patent in Israel and the USA.

Gilad.