Subject: Two New Paul Graham Articles

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 21:57:54 +0200

The Word "Hacker":

http://www.paulgraham.com/gba.html

It's pretty old, (mid-2004) but I only read it now.

-------------

What You'll Wish You'd Known

http://www.paulgraham.com/hs.html

An article where he gives some advice to high school children, but that 
everyone can find something insightful in. I'll probably comment a bit on my 
thoughts about it in a separate message, but right now I'm too tired for 
that.

I almost missed that as well, if it weren't for Muli's blog. In any case, now 
I'm subscribed to the Paul Graham RSS feed:

http://joegrossberg.com/paulgraham.rss

So hopefully I won't miss anything else.

---------------

Other than that, Joel Spolsky has written this blog entry:

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/items/2005/01/27.html

If you get 100-200 resumes for every job entry and pick only one, do you get 
the top 1% of programmers?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish      [email-masked]
Homepage:        http://www.shlomifish.org/

Knuth is not God! It took him two days to build the Roman Empire.