Subject: Announcement: August Penguin Conference on 6-August-2010

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 12:45:59 +0300

In accordance with its annual tradition, the Israeli Free and
Open Source Software community will hold the August Penguin conference
( http://august.penguin.org.il/ ) under the auspices of the Hamakor
non-profit organisation  ( http://www.hamakor.org.il/ ).

This year the conference will take place on Friday, 6 August 2010,
starting at 08:30 in the morning, in the Avner building of the
Weizmann Institute in Rehovoth, Israel. Entrance to the conference costs
50 New Israeli Sheqels (ILS), while members and friends of
Hamakor and the Israeli Internet Society (ISOC) are not required to pay.
(Note that youth under the age of 18, soldiers, and students can opt
to join Hamakor as friends or members for the entrance fee.)

So what is going to take place in the conference?

* http://august.penguin.org.il/schedule - talks.

* Giving the "Hamakor Prize".

* http://www.bookcrossing.com/ - Book Crossing stands.

* http://august.penguin.org.il/keysign - a key-signing party.

* Photo shoot-out.

* Nice atmosphere and friendly geeks.

---

Everyone is welcome to come to the conference. Please make the payments
on the Internet before the event.

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
http://www.shlomifish.org/humour/ways_to_do_it.html

God considered inflicting XSLT as the tenth plague of Egypt, but then
decided against it because he thought it would be too evil.

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - http://shlom.in/reply .

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 21:43:11 +0300

Just a few corrections:

> starting at 08:30 in the morning, in the Avner building of the

This is the Ebner building (though it's spelt the same in Hebrew - "אבנר").

> Hamakor and the Israeli Internet Society (ISOC) are not required to pay.

There is no free entry for members of ISOC this year. Hamakor friends and 
members still get a free entry.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
My Aphorisms - http://www.shlomifish.org/humour.html