Subject: DSP for hobbyists recommendation?

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 01:45:10 +0200

I want to develop a system, using an Arduino controller board.
However, I need the controller to respond also to the FFT of ambient
sounds.

So the system will have to include also a microphone and a DSP.

My requirements and budget are hobbyist level, so what is the
recommendation for a DSP or FFT processor which meets as many as
feasible of the following requirements:
1. Low unit price
2. Availability of a cheap development board
3. Availability of Free (or at least zero cost) development toolchain
4. Can be purchased off the shelf in a shop in Har Zion St., Tel Aviv.

Thanks,
--- Omer

-- 
Delay is the deadliest form of denial.    C. Northcote Parkinson
My own blog is at http://www.zak.co.il/tddpirate/

My opinions, as expressed in this E-mail message, are mine alone.
They do not represent the official policy of any organization with which
I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html