Subject: Agents in clusters.

From: "Tzahi Fadida" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 02:25:06 +0200

Discussion:
Agents in clusters to enhance performance over usual practice of centralized or hierarchical process
control.

Anyone here experienced it, and can give a success story?

For anyone who is not familiar with agents, suffice to say for the moment that agents are software
that are completly or almost completly autnomous. In addition, the name AGENTS is defined as an
abstraction above regular Design, for example, above OO or other Software design techniques.

As i understand, agents usually doesn't increase performance or do little to increase it, and also
take more time to intially build.
The only benefit is an insane redundency and a more fair schedueling and resource allocation. i.e.
if you have a highly important job, Agents can lower significantly the chance of failure and
regarding the resources allocation, since the agents have "minds of their own" they can fight over
each resource on a local perspective, and thus the "laws of nature" increase fairplay.

* - * - *
Tzahi Fadida
[email-masked]
Technion Email: [email-masked]
* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - *

WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  see at http://members.lycos.co.uk/my2nis/spamwarning.html