Subject: Fedora Core 2 + netQmail + KMail

From: "Evgeny Gesin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 09:38:45 -0000

1. First I installed netQmail 1.0.5 on RedHat 9. I sent and received
messages without problem.

2. Then I installed netQmail 1.0.5 on Fedora Core 2. Now I cannot send
(SMTP) messages:
- Mozilla-mail says "connection to SMTP server failed or server
refusing SMTP connections".
- KMail says "Unknown error code 0" and it also cannot determine
encryption and authentication methods when pressing "Check what the
server supports" button.
 :(

But I can send e-mails via command line "telnet mail.domain.com 25". I
disabled firewall.

Please advice what is wrong with qmail or KMail or what else on Fedora 2 ?
Regards

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 12:28:49 +0200

Hi Evgeny!

I thought we made it clear that Hackers-IL is not a help-desk. With this, the 
apf firewall and other questions, please address a more suitable forum like 
Linux-IL:

http://www.iglu.org.il/mailing-lists/linux-il.html

Thanks in advance,

	Shlomi Fish

> messages without problem.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish      [email-masked]
Homepage:        http://shlomif.il.eu.org/

Knuth is not God! It took him two days to build the Roman Empire.

---

From: "Evgeny Gesin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 11:17:29 -0000

Yes,
it's clear now.
Thank you! :)
Evgeny

--- In [email-masked], Shlomi Fish <shlomif@i...> wrote:
> Shlomi Fish      shlomif@i...