Subject: Pessimal Algorithms - an April 1st discovery which might yet have some Parrot-like practical uses

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 00:25:58 +0300

http://www.cs.uiuc.edu/class/fa05/cs473ug/resources/pessimal-algorithms.pdf
The big and burning question, which I was asking myself as I skimmed
through the paper, was where could those ideas find a practical use
besides serving as plot devices in suspense movies.  Regrettably, the
tongue-in-cheek style, in which the paper was written, was not helpful
in this noble and potentially life-saving (if to judge from suspense
movies, in which the protagonists play for time until their rescuers
arrive) quest.

-- 
Perrin's Principle of Inclusion:
The strength of any system is directly proportional to the
power of the tools it provides for the general public.
My own blog is at http://www.zak.co.il/tddpirate/

My opinions, as expressed in this E-mail message, are mine alone.
They do not represent the official policy of any organization with which
I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html