Subject: RE: [hackers-il] Specifying a file fragment in URI

From: "Arik Baratz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 22:56:26 +0300

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Omer Zak [mailto:[email-masked]]
[snip]
> I googled in vain for any standard (official or de-facto) way 
> to do this.
> So, before going forth and inventing my own specification, 
> can any kind 
> soul please direct me to the established way of doing this?

I'd like to comment. This part of the URI is parsed by the browser
in case of a URL, so you might want to think of a way that will work
with conventional browsers; The '#' example that you gave won't.

What can work is a server-side script that will get the location as
a parameter, convert the text to html (by wrapping it with <html>
<body><pre> and </pre></body></html> and insert the anchor
in html in the right location, like:

http://host.name/doc.txt?loc=line123#anchor

-- Arik

---

From: "Tzahi Fadida" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 20:21:04 +0200

Hi all,
I am writing an academic research programm and I need an open source JAVA
library or technique to plot an xy graph. There must be, however, an ability
to plot thousands of points on the graph since I have a large data set.
also, since the data is big, It must also have scrolling or zooming
capability so we can visually local maximal points, etc...

I would very much apperciate any help.
10x.

Regards,
	tzahi.