Subject: "How to tell if a FLOSS project is doomed to FAIL"

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 00:42:13 +0200

Via Omer (CCed here) come these two links:

1. 
https://www.theopensourceway.org/wiki/How_to_tell_if_a_FLOSS_project_is_doomed_to_FAIL

2. 

http://ostatic.com/blog/measuring-fail-a-scorecard-for-evaluating-open-source-
projects

(broken link - shortened - http://is.gd/8P29j ).

Essentially, they are a score card for determining whether an open-source 
project is doomed to fail. It seemed mostly OK after I read it, although some 
things are surprising. For example, it says that the code should have a 
changelog , which Karl Fogel explains why it was made obsolete for most 
projects by more modern version control systems in Producing OSS:

http://producingoss.com/en/packaging.html

I do keep a Changes file for my CPAN distribution, but it's kinda like 
Freecell Solver's NEWS - the notable changes.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish       http://www.shlomifish.org/
Why I Love Perl - http://shlom.in/joy-of-perl

Deletionists delete Wikipedia articles that they consider lame.
Chuck Norris deletes deletionists whom he considers lame.

Please reply to list if it's a mailing list post - http://shlom.in/reply .