Subject: The Lotg Code + A New Situation Riddle

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 17:39:41 +0200

Hi all!

Today I added the following two resources to my site:

* http://www.shlomifish.org/puzzles/cs/lotg/

* http://www.shlomifish.org/puzzles/situation/book-under-rock.html

Your comments are welcome.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish      [email-masked]
Homepage:        http://www.shlomifish.org/

Chuck Norris wrote a complete Perl 6 implementation in a day but then
destroyed all evidence with his bare hands, so no one will know his secrets.

---

From: "Nadav Har'El" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 22:52:48 +0200

> Your comments are welcome.

1. The "situation puzzle" link on this page has funky CSS (when you go over
   the link, it gets a green background for a second, which immediately
   disappear, at least on my firefox 1.5).

2. Without an answer, what's the point of such a puzzle?
   Here is an answer I offer:

    A troup of boyscouts went on a field trip. One of the kids was a member
    of bookcrossing.com, so when he finished reading the book he brought
    with him, he left it under a rock to be found by someone else.

   How is that for an answer? :-)

-- 
Nadav Har'El                        |   Saturday, Nov 18 2006, 28 Heshvan 5767
[email-masked]             |-----------------------------------------
Phone +972-523-790466, ICQ 13349191 |"How could we possibly use sex to get
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |what we want? Sex IS what we want!" Fraser

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 11:26:00 +0200

>    disappear, at least on my firefox 1.5).

Well, it's a :hover effect. On my Konqi 3.5.x and FF 1.5, it remains there as 
long as the mouse cursor is hovering over there. It uses the same CSS as most 
other links on my home site.

> 2. Without an answer, what's the point of such a puzzle?

Well, I don't know if you're familiar with, but in a situation puzzle, one is 
given an unusual situation and has to find out what happened using Yes/No 
questions. It's an interactive puzzle that is normally conducted face to face 
with one person who knows the answer and others that wish to find it out.

It's described in the link:

http://kith.org/logos/things/sitpuz/

>    How is that for an answer? :-)

The problem with that is that in that case, he would probably have left it in 
a visible place on the ground, rather than under a rock where it wasn't 
visible.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish