Subject: Phil Agre's The Red Rock Eater Mailing list

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 00:20:18 +0300 (EET DST)

The RRE (Red Rock Eater) mailing list has been active for several years,
and distributed interesting information and links, mostly related to
sociology and politics of networking and the Internet.

However, recently the mailing list apparently ceased to operate. According
to http://commons.somewhere.com/rre/, the last message was sent to this
mailing list on Feb. 8, 2003 (previously, there were about 5 E-mail
messages per week coming from the mailing list).  There was no
announcement about suspension or closure of the mailing list.

Are there more people subscribed to Hackers-IL, who were subscribed also
to RRE, and who know more than me about Agre's whereabouts?
                                             --- Omer
From Slashdot:
many have been verbally warned that phrases like: "sex workers," "men who
sleep with men," "anal sex" and "needle exchange," may cause the
government to withhold grant money.

Suggested replacement phrases:
Orgasm professionals, biandro-relations, fudge packing, and hypodermic
renewal.

My opinions, as expressed in this E-mail message, are mine alone.
They do not represent the official policy of any organization with which
I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html