Subject: OSDC Israel 2007, Call for Participation

From: "Gabor Szabo" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 14:24:30 +0200

Call for Participation
    Please mark your calendars! The organizers of OSDC::Israel are glad to
    announce that the next conference will be held on 20-22 February 2007.
    There will be additional events such as tutorials and a Perl 6 hackathon
    near the main conference; the exact schedule will be announced in the
    next month or so.

    OSDC::Israel is an international conference for Open Source Developers,
    running now in its second year in this form and as Yet Another Perl
    Conference (YAPC) for the three years prior to that. The conference has
    attracted renowned speakers worldwide, such as Mark-Jason Dominus,
    Audrey Tang and Larry Wall.

    This year's conference is held in participation with ICSEM '07, the
    Israeli Conference of Software Engineering and Management.

    Our venue is the Netanya Academic College, which has already graciously
    hosted us last year.

    We would like to invite speakers, volunteers, attendees and sponsors.

  Guests
    We already have two guests:

    * Audrey Tang, of Perl fame, lead developer of Pugs
    * Zeev Suraski, the CTO of Zend, maker of PHP

  Speakers
    A detailed Call for Papers can be found on the conference web site
    (<http://www.osdc.org.il/2007/call_for_papers.html>). If you believe you
    have something interesting to say about software development,
    deployment, or management, especially in the Open Source context, we
    would like to hear from you. Past topics included (but were not limited
    to):

    * Code techniques (Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby)
    * Powerful tools for any of the above
    * Interaction between technologies in Open Source
    * Software testing
    * Management techniques
    * How to make money from writing Open Source software
    * Future plans from language designers

    Main track talks will be 20, 45, or 90 minutes in length; in addition,
    there will be a lightning talk session intended for less experienced
    speakers or for those with small or humorous topics.

  Volunteers
    OSDC is a very low cost conference in the spirit of open participation
    and community sharing. One way of giving back to the community is to
    offer your time for any of these:

    * Design the web site of the conference - <http://osdc.org.il>
    * Designing, printing, and distributing conference posters/flyers
    * Administrative help with billing
    * Production help (our interface to food, A/V, and other providers)
    * Assemble conference material
    * Docmaster (edit and produce conference proceedings)

    Any help you can give in one or more of these categories will be well
    appreciated!

  Attendees
    We are seeing a growing number of conference-goers, both from Israel and
    international guests. OSDC is growing nicely and we are happy for it! If
    you have any questions about arranging a visit to Israel please contact
    the organizers (see below). Tell and bring your friends!

  Sponsors
    OSDC is a gathering of highly skilled technological people. If you have
    benefited from the effort of Open Source people in the past, please
    consider sponsoring the event. We are not a commercial conference but
    your support will be acknowledged fairly.

    There is an option of a job fair this year; contact the organizers if
    your company is interested in participating.

  Communication: Mailing lists, wiki
    In order to ease communication the conference has two mailing lists:

    * Announcement list: <http://osdc.org.il/mailman/listinfo/osdc-news>
    * Discussion list: <http://osdc.org.il/mailman/listinfo/osdc-discuss>

    If you have not done so yet, please subscribe at least to the
    announcement list in order not to miss any important news.

    In addition we have a wiki: <http://wiki.osdc.org.il/>.

    The main conference web site: <http://www.osdc.org.il>.

  Organizers
    Please direct all queries to [email-masked].