Subject: RE: [hackers-il] General Purpose Programming on GPUs

From: Tal Rotbart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 12:15:55 +0200

Oleg, 

If you follow the links you will find out that this project added
parallelism support to the C syntax that it uses. It is specifically
optimized for the parallel nature of the GPU.

Tal

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Oleg
Goldshmidt
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2003 12:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [hackers-il] General Purpose Programming on GPUs

Tal Rotbart <[email-masked]> writes:

> Do you think it can be made to do complex FFT (fast Fourier
> transforms)

http://www.cs.unm.edu/~kmorel/documents/fftgpu/

A more interesting question: GPUs probably have a non-negligible degree of
parallelism built-in. Can one run parallel programs on it? MPI, anyone?

-- 
Oleg Goldshmidt | [email-masked]

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------------~--> Buy
Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark Printer
at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more to the US & Canada.
http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/saFolB/TM
---------------------------------------------------------------------~->

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hackers-il/

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

________________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned for all viruses. 

Mercury Interactive Corporation
Optimizing Business Processes to Maximize Business Results

________________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned for all viruses. 

Mercury Interactive Corporation
Optimizing Business Processes to Maximize Business Results