Subject: Homesite Revamp + Switch to a new Hosting

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 18:41:14 +0200

Hi all!

Today I moved my homesite ( http://www.shlomifish.org/ ) to a new hosting 
location that should supply much better connectivity, especially to people 
outside of Israel. That's not all, though.

I spent quite a lot of time working on the site. There's now a new top-left 
icon:

http://www.shlomifish.org/images/shlomif-homepage-logo.png

( It's based on EvilPHish from the Comics strip UserFriendly. My last name is 
to blame for it. )

Other than that, I integrated many pages into the main site, with the common 
look and feel, navigation menu, etc. I also began adding new section-specific 
navigation menu. You can find them in the right-aligned grey navigation menus 
to the right here:

http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/lecture/

http://www.shlomifish.org/philosophy/

I plan to add such for other sections of the site.

Finally, I placed a lot of new content, fixed a lot of typos, added many 
descriptions, and created some categories.

To accomodate for the changes in this version, I released a new version of 
Latemp, the Content Management System that is used to generate the site:

http://freshmeat.net/projects/latemp/?branch_id=57738&release_id=208830

There are still plenty of things that I need to do, but there's already a 
large improvement in the surfer's experience.

Enjoy!

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish      [email-masked]
Homepage:        http://www.shlomifish.org/

95% of the programmers consider 95% of the code they did not write, in the
bottom 5%.