Subject: Application generator

From: Ofir Carny <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 13:32:46 +0300

Hi,
I'm looking for an application generator. something along the lines of MS
Access, the requirements are more or less:
- Must support windows platforms (preferably supporting old ones, I'm trying
to replace a windows 3.11 application).
- Should not use an external database which requires non trivial
installation or store data in a non trivial way (I want to them be able to
backup/collaborate etc. by copying a single file/dir).
- Should be able to produce reports, preferably printable on wierd formats (
i.e. wide sheets of pre-printed material).
- Reliable (i.e. not lose data or have ugly crashes)
- I would prefer it to be open source, and to be easy to maintain.

The best fit that I know of is MS access, but I'm sure there must be a
better option

Thanks,
Ofir

---

From: Tzahi Fadida <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2005 13:59:42 +0200

Open Office 2 - Base app.
Looks and pretty much the same as MS Access, although, still with less features than it.
Tell us how it went.

Regards,
        tzahi. 

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Ofir Carny
Sent: Sunday, October 09, 2005 12:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [hackers-il] Application generator

Hi, 
I'm looking for an application generator. something along the lines of MS Access, the requirements
are more or less:
- Must support windows platforms (preferably supporting old ones, I'm trying to replace a windows
3.11 application).
- Should not use an external database which requires non trivial installation or store data in a non
trivial way (I want to them be able to backup/collaborate etc. by copying a single file/dir).
- Should be able to produce reports, preferably printable on wierd formats (i.e. wide sheets of
pre-printed material).
- Reliable (i.e. not lose data or have ugly crashes)
- I would prefer it to be open source, and to be easy to maintain.

The best fit that I know of is MS access, but I'm sure there must be a better option

Thanks, 
  Ofir

SPONSORED LINKS 
Basic
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Basic+programming+language&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2=C+p
rogramming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=Programming+languages&w5=C+++programming+la
nguage&w6=Software+programming+language&c=6&s=188&.sig=iGxrJqXlpJD93Gn2WJnoPQ> programming language
C
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=C+programming+language&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2=C+progr
amming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=Programming+languages&w5=C+++programming+langua
ge&w6=Software+programming+language&c=6&s=188&.sig=qmLSEJy8bi0_VDFWI8nqqw> programming language
Computer
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Computer+programming+languages&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2
=C+programming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=Programming+languages&w5=C+++programmin
g+language&w6=Software+programming+language&c=6&s=188&.sig=Jj3MOzF1ffC2G5jQOwNguQ> programming
languages 	
Programming
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Programming+languages&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2=C+progra
mming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=Programming+languages&w5=C+++programming+languag
e&w6=Software+programming+language&c=6&s=188&.sig=IJr1yWXoNcfxGPgPLYVFtA> languages 	C
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=C+++programming+language&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2=C+pro
gramming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=Programming+languages&w5=C+++programming+lang
uage&w6=Software+programming+language&c=6&s=188&.sig=gKpaB8RD2WPC7b7UDIdgfA> programming language
Software
<http://groups.yahoo.com/gads?t=ms&k=Software+programming+language&w1=Basic+programming+language&w2=
C+programming+language&w3=Computer+programming+languages&w4=Programming+languages&w5=C+++programming
+language&w6=Software+programming+language&c=6&s=188&.sig=dC7cQdeugAVX2bJkn_3dzA> programming
language 	

  _____  

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS 

*	 Visit your group "hackers-il <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/hackers-il> " on the web.

*	 To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
 [email-masked]
<mailto:[email-masked]?subject=Unsubscribe> 

*	 Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> . 

  _____

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:14:22 +1000

On 10/9/05, Ofir Carny
<[email-masked]> wrote:
>    Hi,
>  I'm looking for an application generator. something along the lines of MS Access, the requirements are more or less:
>  - Must support windows platforms (preferably supporting old ones, I'm trying to replace a windows 3.11 application).
>  - Should not use an external database which requires non trivial installation or store data in a non trivial way (I want to them be able to backup/collaborate etc. by copying a single file/dir).
>  - Should be able to produce reports, preferably printable on wierd formats (i.e. wide sheets of pre-printed material).

I've just stumbled accross the signature of "co-author of Rekall, the
only alternative
to MS-Access". So a little googling revealed:
http://www.rekallrevealed.org/kbExec.py

I have no idea about this package except that its name rings a bell.
It also apparently
has a Debian package.

HTH,

--Amos