Subject: New Homepage Look + Content

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 22:37:03 +0200

Hi!

I added a new look and content to the homesite:

http://www.hackers.org.il/

There are now pages with some explanation for the wiki and mailing lists. The 
source code for this is available here:

http://opensvn.csie.org/linuxisrael/hackers-il/site/

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish
-- 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish      [email-masked]
Homepage:        http://shlomif.il.eu.org/

Knuth is not God! It took him two days to build the Roman Empire.

---

From: Ori Idan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 16:08:26 +0200

>http://opensvn.csie.org/linuxisrael/hackers-il/site/
Why not put the wiki as the main page of the website? after all, all 
links from the main page point to the wiki.

--

Ori Idan

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:35:12 +0200

On Monday 04 October 2004 16:08, Ori Idan wrote:
> >There are now pages with some explanation for the wiki and mailing lists.
> > The source code for this is available here:
> >

I'd rather not:

1. A Wiki as the main site is considered rather unprofessional.

2. We don't know if we would like to have other things besides the Wiki (like 
a Form with a CGI script) afterwards. If the wiki takes the whole site, we 
cannot put it there.

3. There is some non-Wiki content in the site:

http://www.hackers.org.il/mailing-lists/

And there amy be more in the future.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish