Subject: A Must Read!!!

From: "david.smith76" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 12:23:56 -0000

Excellent resource on general programming articles:

http://brsx.co.uk/ProgandDevelop/Articles/articles.asp

---

From: "Arik Baratz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 11:31:17 -0700

You mean, this violation of the Creative Commons license should be reported
to Wikipedia... Gotcha.

Is there some body of people pursuing these unattributed thefts?

-- Arik

On 9/5/07, david.smith76 <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Yahoo! Groups Links

---

From: Michael Vasiliev <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 19:21:12 +0300

> You mean, this violation of the Creative Commons license should be reported
A nice example of such theft is the notorious enci.ru website, which features 
a recursive ripoff of ru.wikipedia.org, with blind search and replace of 
all "wiki" into "Encyclo" (in Russian, "w" and "v" map to the same letter), 
coining such memes as "Encyclongs", both as people and a NASA space program 
consisting of two probes, "Encyclong-1" and "Encyclong-2"; "bolsheEncylo" 
(bolsheviks), "Welcome to Encyclopedia - a free encyclopedia" and so on...
Later on, all the fuss turned out to be a clever virus marketing PR...

-- 
Sincerely Yours,
Michael Vasiliev

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show 
their absence!"
			-- Edsger Wybe Dijkstra