Subject: binary patches

From: Ijon Tichy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 14:44:16 +0200

Hello,

I guess I _will_ hack it in Perl, in violation of the sacred
principle of laziness.  Sigh.

Thanks,

       Ijon

P.S: Are there any NT hackers here at all, or are you all blissfully
in Unixdom?  Would anyone be interested in the details of this bug?
It's a stack corruption by the code-gen.

-- 
Ijon Tichy                          mailto:[email-masked]
Come visit the Space Barrel!        http://www.forum2.org/ijon

---

From: mulix <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 19:19:09 +0200

> It's a stack corruption by the code-gen.

speaking only for myself, and under no circumstances as an NT hacker, i
would be interested in the details of the bug. Any non-trivial bug you
learn about is one less bug you might have in your code one day. So, do
tell. 

You might also consider mailing the bug to Windows Developer's Journal
Bug of the Month column. Get a neat tshirt, too.
http://www.wdj.com/current/bug.html
-- 
mulix

linux/reboot.h: #define LINUX_REBOOT_MAGIC1 0xfee1dead