Subject: RE: [hackers-il] Dialog creator for command-line apps (and nasdaq bits)

From: Chen Shapira <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:17:47 +0200

> It talks about Kaptain which is a KDE utility for creating dialogs for
> command line applications. It seems nice on first glance but I haven't
> tried it yet.

Actually, it sounds so neat I want to write one for windows.

But why would it put a new angle on our discussion? (or did I miss a joke
again?)

And something totally unrelated:

Following the Nasdaq tarraram of the last few <insert timeframe>, I wondered
how ESR is doing.

It seems like VA-Linux took a huge fall, and I wondered when and if he sold.
I thought board members and large shareholders are considered "insiders", so
I checked the LNUX "insider" list: http://biz.yahoo.com/t/in/l/lnux.html
No Raymond there, so either I'm wrong and board members aren't "insiders" or
I eas wrong and ESR isn't a board memeber. Anyone knows?

Another nice bit is that Intel Corp. is a large share holder of VA, and also
VA is holding an unspecified part of Intel. 

I know they cooperated alot on the Itanium port of Linux, but is there
anything more to their relationship?

Well, just me having fun with Yahoo.

Take care,
Chen.

(BTW. to all students here - Happy new semester! may all your courses be
exciting and fruitfull)

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:57:57 +0200 (IST)

> Actually, it sounds so neat I want to write one for windows.

Actually, I think Windows has a utility called Win-Script or something
like that, that operates in a similar manner.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked] 
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

The prefix "God Said" has the extraordinary logical property of 
converting any statement that follows it into a true one.