Subject: Another Make with Parallelability

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:20:10 +0200

Check out dmake:

http://dmake.wticorp.com/

It's a make implementation for several platforms including Linux and Win32. 
Its makefile syntax seems to be based on Microsoft NMAKE's. I didn't check 
it out, but it seems very nice on the surface, and the perl 5.6.0 Win32 
README recommends it.

I suppose that if someone needs something like NMAKE for UNIX it can be a 
good solution.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/

I don't believe in fairies. Oops! A fairy died.
I don't believe in fairies. Oops! Another fairy died.

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:25:35 +0200

>Its makefile syntax seems to be based on Microsoft NMAKE's.

My mistake. Perl 5.6.0 seems to come with its own makefile for dmake, and 
its syntax seems to be distinct from both NMAKE and GNU Make. Yet another 
complication for automake/autoconf :-).

Regards,

         Shlomi Fish