Subject: [Essay] The Suitability of BitKeeper for Free Software Projects

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 10:45:45 +0200 (IST)

Check:

http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/bk_suitability.html

I compare the BitKeeper and BKBits service on four categories, and on
three of them (except the license) I am very favourable. I also give
useful advice for BitKeeper newbies.

My initial response to the BitKeeper fiasco was a mostly emotional one and
this is a more rational one from the viewpoint of an Open-Source
developer.

Enjoy, and flame away. Note that it is a way to organize my thoughts
before the "GPLing BK rev. 2" which will in fact recommend a not entirely
open-source license. If you are getting sick of BitKeeper and SCM
discussions, just say so.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

"Let's suppose you have a table with 2^n cups..."
"Wait a second - is n a natural number?"