Subject: Anyone interested in a trip to Beirut?

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 07:19:10 +0300 (IDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 01 May 2001 21:25:56 +0200
From: Nash'at Mansour <[email-masked]>
To: undisclosed-recipients:;;undisclosed-recipients:@zak1.localdomain;
Subject: AICCSA'01

			Call for Participation
			     AICCSA'01
ACS/IEEE International Conference on Computer Systems and Applications
       Lebanese American University, Beirut, June 25-29, 2001

    http://www.lau.edu.lb/news-events/conferences/aiccsa2001.html

AICCSA'01 will be held in Beirut, in the beautiful country,
Lebanon in the period June 25-29. A Workshop is held on June 25,
Tutorials are held on June 26, and the technical sessions are held
from June 27 to June 29.
The program also includes 3 keynote speakers:

Dr Bashar Nuseibeh, Open University, UK
   Title:    If Software is the Solution, What is the Problem?
             The Case for Requirements Engineering
Dr Salim Hariri, University of Arizona, USA
   Title: Next Generation Internet Technology and Services: 
          Challenges and Research Opportunities
Dr Mohamed Fayad, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA
   Title:  Building an Information Economy

The Conference Proceedings will be published by the IEEE Computer
Society.

Please refer to the web site for a detailed program and for other
information about registration, accomodation, airline discounts,
tourist activities, etc... or contact the Organizing Chair,
Dr. Nashat Mansour, [email-masked]

=======================================================================
See http://www.cs.clemson.edu/~steve/ivandv for detailed information on
submitting and "unsubscribing". Problems to [email-masked]

---

From: Oleg Goldshmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: 02 May 2001 11:21:43 +0300

>        Lebanese American University, Beirut, June 25-29, 2001

I suppose IEEE decided that since last year's INFOCOM (joint
conference of the Communications and Computer Societies) was in Tel
Aviv, they have to be "balanced". To balance the heat of Tel Aviv,
this year's INFOCOM was held in Alaska (just ended). ;-)

-- 
Oleg Goldshmidt | [email-masked] 
"I'd rather write programs to write programs than write programs."