Subject: BySergic acid Diethylamide

From: "Nadav Har'El" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 22:18:55 +0200

Some people compare Linux to a new religion (google "linux religion" for
a few examples), and compare its spread to crusades, jihad, or what not.

However, I have come to the conclusion that Judaism is the religion that
promotes an operating system - Berkeley Unix.

Why am I saying that?

Observant Jews religiously write "BSD" on the top of every piece of paper!
You cannot get any more obsessive than that about spreading BSD :)

[if there was any confusion, the above has been a miserable attempt at a
joke. please don't take it too seriously. it was not meant to offend Jews,
Gentiles, Linux-fanatics, BSD-practitioners, acid-droppers, penguins, or
yellow dogs. Not that there is anything wrong with that.].

-- 
Nadav Har'El                        |      Friday, Nov 22 2002, 18 Kislev 5763
[email-masked]             |-----------------------------------------
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |Open your arms to change, but don't let
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |go of your values.

---

From: Gilad Ben-Yossef <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Nov 2002 00:42:55 +0200

> You cannot get any more obsessive than that about spreading BSD :)

I once spent an idle afternoun wondering if every software cult was a
religioun which one would it be.

I figured Free Software people would be Taoism on account of Linus's
nature.

RMS style Free Software would be Catholicisbecause of zeal and of course
the Saints.

BSD would be Juadism on account of it can both claim to one of the
oldest one and of the many differece of opinion and in fighting.

And lastly, Microsoft would be Paganism, on account of their worship of
an idol and their desperate need to keep sacrificing more money to it to
keep their world from coming to an end.

Gilad

-- 
Gilad Ben-Yossef <[email-masked]>
http://benyossef.com

 "Geeks rock bands cool name #8192: RAID against the machine"