Subject: [Protest at introduction of politics into technical mailing lists] I AM ANGRY AT YUVAL KOJMAN! (was: Re: A petition for the withdrawal of israel)

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 04:55:09 +0300 (IDT)

Yuval,
What you are doing is reprehensible, horrible and totally uncalled for.
The israel-pm-list mailing list, via which I received the following
message, is a technical mailing list.  Any discussion of the Mideast
politics is completely off-topic for this list.

If politics were to be added to this list, you'd see from me petitions on
subjects such as:
1. 100% captions on TV programs for deaf people.
2. Free Ron Arad.
3. Free the three soldiers and civilian, who were kidnapped by the
   Hizbollah on Lebanon border.
4. Arafat and his fellows to make complete stop of the suicide bombs and
   other terrorist attacks in the Mideast.

In particular, I am gravely offended and am very angry that you ignore the
link between what you are asking for in your petition and the terrorist
acts committed by the Palestinians against Israeli civilians, without even
checking whether they are peace loving people or Kahane supporters.  In
fact, those terrorists don't even ensure that there are no Arabs among
their victims.
                                               --- Omer
P.S.:  This message is being copied also on two other technical mailing
lists to which I am subscribed.  Anyone concerned please join me in
protesting the attempt to mix politics into technical mailing lists.

On Mon, 1 Apr 2002, nothingmuch wrote:

> 
> http://snow.prohosting.com/67
> 
> please sign if you support the cause, and do forward it to everyone you 
> know.
> 
> thanks in advance
> yuval kojman
> -
> to unsubscribe from israel-pm-list, do:
> echo "unsubscribe israel-pm-list" | mail [email-masked]
>

---

From: "Nadav Har'El" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 12:46:14 +0300

> politics is completely off-topic for this list.

If you're sending this to this list as an April Fools joke, it's not funny.
Otherwise, I cannot understand you. You say you don't want off-topic politics
in mailing lists, and what do you do? You send your off-topic politicial
mail to a mailing list (hackers-il) which to which the original mail was
not even posted. And what do you attach to the end of your message? Yes,
the original post to which you objected in the first place, and which none
of us would have even seen if you hadn't sent it here...

Come on, Omer...

-- 
Nadav Har'El                        |        Monday, Apr 1 2002, 19 Nisan 5762
[email-masked]             |-----------------------------------------
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |Sign in pool: "Welcome to our OOL. Notice
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |there is no P, please keep it that way."