Subject: RE: [hackers-il] The Unberarable Randomness of Mathematics

From: Chen Shapira <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:09:55 +0200

> -----Original Message-----
> From: mulix [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, March 19, 2001 3:21 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [hackers-il] The Unberarable Randomness of Mathematics
> 
> 
> an interesting article about the apparent "holes" in the foundation of
> mathematics. 

I'm taking back my previous mail.

If someone wants to write a book on the halting theorem and someone else
wanted to write an article about it, and slashdot thought it was "stuff that
matters".

Its none of my bussiness.

Thanks,
Chen.

---

From: mulix <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:53:00 +0200 (IST)

> wanted to write an article about it, and slashdot thought it was "stuff that

i'm afraid i don't get you here, chen. what are you trying to say? 

just a quick note, the /. story also references the transcript of a
lecture Chaitin gave on this subject, at  
http://www.cs.umaine.edu/~chaitin/cmu.html

the lecture is much more interesting than the brief article mentioned
previously, i just spent an hour reading it instead of listening to my
'programming languages' instructor. i should've known bringing the laptop
to that class was a bad idea, attention wise ;)
-- 
mulix
http://www.advogato.com/person/mulix

linux/reboot.h: #define LINUX_REBOOT_MAGIC1 0xfee1dead