Subject: Another recommended book

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:39:45 +0300 (IDT)

Computation Structures
By: Stephen A. Ward & Robert H. Halstead
MIT Press

I studied this book in the course of my "Digital Systems" and "Logic
Design and Introduction to Computers" courses. It is very interesting and
explains about the design of computers from logical gates, through
digital designs and principiles, to operating systems.

This book includes a complete design and explanation of a complete
computer, and really helps in the understanding of how to build and design
a computer. It doesn't cover VHDL, but it is still a must read, IMO.

Chen, can you please add it to the book list?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked] 
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

The prefix "God Said" has the extraordinary logical property of 
converting any statement that follows it into a true one.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:45:57 +0300

> Chen, can you please add it to the book list?

I think the booklist is maintained by omerm, but I also think it is reserved
for "legendery bibles" not necessarly just any book we recommend.

Perhaps we should start a book review section. Want to maintain one?

--
Chen Shapira	Web Developer and Linux Activist
The algorithm for finding the longest path in a graph is NP-complete.
For you systems people, that means it's *real slow*.

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:54:42 +0300 (IDT)

> Perhaps we should start a book review section. Want to maintain one?

Maybe. It depends on what it will involve. If it's just a list of books
and for each book a list of reviews on it, then OK. If it's also have to
be threaded, then it will be more problematic. What did you have in mind?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish
 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Sign up for the free zZounds.com newsletter for the latest and
> greatest music gear savings, musician tips and hot contests.
> http://click.egroups.com/1/3738/9/_/_/_/959168772/
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [email-masked]
> 
> 
> 
>

---

From: Omer Mussaev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 15:27:35 +0300

> be threaded, then it will be more problematic. What did you have in mind?

When (and if) we have a site, there will be a "legendary book list", along
with "worthy book" list. Despite my usual unwilingness to do anything at all,
I will maintain those. In the meantime, I am opening the "worthy list".
I will move some books from legendary to worthy, in case there will be no
objections from list members ("hackers").

--
Omer Mussaev    051-308-214   mailto:[email-masked]
systems programmer, Mercury Interactive/RND/Conduct/core