Subject: binary patches

From: Ijon Tichy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 20:02:16 +0200

Hello,

What do you people use to apply binary patches?

I  ask  because  I've  discovered  a bug in the MS VC++ 6.0 SP4's code
generator,  and  since  I  can't spare the time to hack the code-gen'r
itself,  I'd just like to patch my final EXE file to fix the resultant
bug.

Given  a hex search string and a replacement string, what would be the
nicest  (maximizing  laziness!)  way  to  package it, given a standard
WinNT (Ya, well) environment?

Thanks,

       Ijon
-- 
Ijon Tichy                          mailto:[email-masked]
Come visit the Space Barrel!        http://www.forum2.org/ijon

---

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 20:23:39 +0200 (IST)

1. Install Linux in a separate partition in your machine (steal an old
   2.1GM hard disk, if you don't have the room for this in your hard disk,
   and you have room for another hard disk).
2. Grant Linux rw access to your Windows NT partition (create, if
   necessary, a FAT partition in your 2nd hard disk which both can
   access).
3. Ask people about hex editors running under Linux.
                                             --- Omer
There is no IGLU cabal.  The former cabal members were all arrested and
sentenced to prison with labor.  Now they are busy applying patches to
programs running under Microsoft Influence.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  see at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

---

From: Gilad Ben-Yossef <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 21:06:24 +0200

Omer Zak wrote:

>                                              --- Ome

LOL, you got confused, Omer? this is not the linux-il mailing list... 
he's actually on topic (or so I think?!) ;-)

-- 
Gilad Ben-Yossef <[email-masked]>
http://benyossef.com :: +972(54)756701
"Don't confuse me with facts, my mind's already made up!"

---

From: Gilad Ben-Yossef <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 21:07:17 +0200

> WinNT (Ya, well) environment?

Perl. By far the easiest.