Subject: Open-Source and Objectivism

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 20:24:12 +0200 (IST)

I spotted this article on Google:

http://kensey.home.mindspring.com/opensource.html

It was written by an Objectivist and is written very well. A brief summary
of it:

1. The Open-Source movement as a whole does not contradict the philosophy
of Ayn Rand, but the FSF contradicts it.

2. The Free Software community is compared to Galt's Gulch, and the author
specifies that the movement is not mystical or altruist.

A good read, no doubt, if you're into Objectivism.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

"Let's suppose you have a table with 2^n cups..."
"Wait a second - is n a natural number?"