Subject: RE: [hackers-il] Summary of a Bash Lecture

From: Chen Shapira <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 11:26:48 +0200

> I didn't say it wasn't useful -- I just said it'd be hard to seperate
> the gold from the straw.

which means - lots of user parameters, maybe some kind of learning behavior,
besides who said life is easy? *wink*

---

From: Moshe Zadka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2000 11:44:01 +0200 (IST)

> besides who said life is easy? *wink*

And that's just the interface...
(I think it should be easy enough to watch for high-lifetime long strings
in the Python interpreter:

1. Hack the string object to register with some singleton if it's long
   enough. Unregister on destruction.
2. Use the tracing facilities to walk the singleton every n instructions,
   marking old objects.
3. Warn on finding an old object.
4. Don't warn if you're warning more then k times (that's learning)

Sounds like a weekend project)
--
Moshe Zadka <[email-masked]> -- 95855124
http://advogato.org/person/moshez