Subject: This years aprils-fool-RFC:s

From: mulix <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 09:13:05 +0200 (IST)

(fwd from the [email-masked] mailing list)

This years april-fool-RFC:s.

Pi Digit Generation Protocol
 http://rfc3091.x42.com/

   This protocol is intended to provide the Pi digit generation service
   (PIgen), and be used between clients and servers on host computers.
   Typically the clients are on workstation hosts lacking local Pi
   support, and the servers are more capable machines with greater Pi
   calculation capabilities.  The essential tradeoff is the use of
   network resources and time instead of local computational cycles.

Etymology of "Foo"
 http://rfc3092.x42.com/

   Approximately 212 RFCs so far, starting with RFC 269, contain the
   terms oo', ar', or oobar' as metasyntactic variables without
   any proper explanation or definition.  This document rectifies that
   deficiency.

--
mulix

future author of the "irrational numbers in IPV6 network addresses" RFC

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 10:59:24 +0200 (IST)

>    network resources and time instead of local computational cycles.

Wonderful!

And I read it and it seems one can only request one digit in one
transaction, not a range of them.

But, IMO, HTTP can be used for such purposes I.e:

http://calc.pi.org/calc-pi?start=0&end=10000&base=10

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked] 
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

A more experienced programmer does not make less bugs. He just realizes
what went wrong more quickly.