Subject: [Fwd: (void) The First Paranoid Programming Language]

From: Gilad Ben-Yossef <[email-masked]>
Date: 27 Jul 2002 18:47:43 +0300

<giggle>

-- 
Gilad Ben-Yossef <[email-masked]>
http://benyossef.com

"Money talks, bullshit walks and GNU awks."
  -- Shachar "Sun" Shemesh, debt collector for the GNU/Yakuza

Subject: (void) The First Paranoid Programming Language
From: John Everitt <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 16:39:07 +0100
List-Id: <void.slab.org>

       "With the major defence crises of the 1980's - Oliver North,
       Irangate, etc., it is becoming increasingly obvious that Ada
       simply lacks the necessary facilities for generating truly
       paranoid programs. What is needed is a language which is not
       merely user-indifferent, but totally user-scared: in short, a
       Paranoid Programming Language.

       Who could meet the challenge? IBM? No, too neurotic
       already. DEC? No, VMS was far too paranoid. It fell eventually
       to your humble editor and his motley crew of hackers to design,
       implement, debug, y'know, the LOT, the ULTIMATE programming
       language one cold evening on the way to Alcuin College Bar.

       So, what features does PPL offer the user?"

http://paul.merton.ox.ac.uk/computing/paranoid-programming-language.html

- John