Subject: weird customs regulations

From: "Nadav Har'El" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 19:55:25 +0300

Apparently, Israel isn't the only country with silly/crazy/outrageous
customs regulations for people coming into the country. I'm considering a
vacation in Turkey, so I've been browsing some sites about Turkey, and in one
(http://www.turkishembassy.org/traveltourism/tips.htm), I was suprised to
learn that I can bring a "pocket computer" into Turkey, but only at a
"maximum main memory capacity Ram 128k. Byte". Oops, I guess my Palm (2MB)
is out of the question ;)
I think governments shouldn't legistlate stuff like memory capacities - by
the time the legislation is out, the figure is already silly and remains
there for everyone to laugh at until somebody remembers to pass a new law
to change it.

But I guess at least they allow me to bring with me 50 cigars, one portable
typewriter (!), a bicycle (yeah, like that's going to fit in a suitcase!),
1.5kg coffee and 500 grams of tea (why the anti-tea bias???), and 5 rolls
of film (oops, I hope I don't get thrown in the kalabush for bringing 6...)

-- 
Nadav Har'El                        |    Saturday, Jun 29 2002, 20 Tammuz 5762
[email-masked]             |-----------------------------------------
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |This signature was intentionally left
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |boring.