Subject: RE: [hackers-il] contemporary politics and 18'th century intellig natsia

From: Ofir Carny <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 17:05:57 +0200

>Even some of the Palestinians in East Jerusalem, who are not Israeli
citizens,
>get bituach leumi - in fact one of the first terror attacks in the current
>"intifada" was the killing of a bituach leumi person in east Jerusalem.
>At least, if I remember correctly.

Yes, a security guard AFAIR.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nadav Har'El [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, March 10, 2002 4:16 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [hackers-il] contemporary politics and 18'th century
intellignatsia

On Sun, Mar 10, 2002, Chen Shapira wrote about "[hackers-il] contemporary
politics and 18'th century intellignatsia":
> I believe Shlomi meant Social Security, AKA "Bituach Leumi".

I thought about that for 5 seconds, but immediately dismissed that thought -
after all, why would anyone think that Israeli Arabs do not get bituach
leumi? I never heard of such a claim, and it doesn't make any sense...

Even some of the Palestinians in East Jerusalem, who are not Israeli
citizens,
get bituach leumi - in fact one of the first terror attacks in the current
"intifada" was the killing of a bituach leumi person in east Jerusalem.
At least, if I remember correctly.

> One more reason why politics should be discussed in Hebrew.

This can be said for any topic, not just politics... If you don't know the
language, don't discuss anything in it... And if you just make a mistake
(like
any human does), it doesn't really matter which language you do it in,
right?
:)

-- 
Nadav Har'El                        |        Sunday, Mar 10 2002, 26 Adar
5762
[email-masked]
|-----------------------------------------
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |My greatest fear is that no-one will
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |remember me after I'm dead - some dead
guy

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/