Subject: Biology update

From: Chen Shapira <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 15:28:49 +0200

The following article:
Caplan LS; Schoenfeld ER; O'Leary ES; Leske MC. Breast cancer and
electromagnetic fields--a review. Ann Epidemiol 2000 Jan;10(1):31-44.

Finds a statistically significant increase in breast cancer for women
working in several fields:
Telephone installation and repairs: 2.17 increase
Programmer/System Analyst: 1.65
Telegraph/Radio operators: 1.40 
Telephone operators: 1.32

Another study (I don't have the reference here) explain the results as
melatonin deficiencies. He claims that all these occuptions require
nightwork and nightwork can cause breast cancer.

And yet another interesting study: January issue of New England Journal of
Medince has yet another study trying to connect brain tumors and cellphone
use, claiming no connection.

--
Chen Shapira