Subject: Concurrent Make for Win32

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:04:18 +0200

Does anybody knows of a make implementation for Win32 that supports 
something like the -j option in GNU make?

The -j option run concurrent tasks simultaneously. Hence if I have several 
C modules, that are required to compile a program it will run a separate 
gcc process on each one of them.

NMAKE does not seem to support something like that. Right now I'm 
downloading cygwin, but I would prefer something that occupies less disk 
space. I can hack something in perl using the Win32::Process module, but it 
will be quite a lot of work.

TIA,

	Shlomi Fish

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/

I don't believe in fairies. Oops! A fairy died.
I don't believe in fairies. Oops! Another fairy died.

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 12:03:43 +0200

>something like the -j option in GNU make?

That's OK everybody. I downloaded the GNU make archive and found out that 
it can compile into a Win32 binary. And from the help file of that binary 
the -j switch is supported.

Viva GNU and GNU make!

Regards,

         Shlomi Fish