Subject: .ps Registration

From: Moshe Zadka <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 14:32:47 +0200 (IST)

Hi!

I've found out that the Palestinians have a two-letter country code --
.ps. It's probably mostly uncluttered, and I thought about registering
a few things there (zionism.ps, anyone? peace.ps? idf.ps? hackers.ps?)
I couldn't find anywhere on the web a contact point for .ps, though.
Anyone has any idea about going about searching for such a contact point?
(Yes, I'm a DNS newbie)

--
Moshe Zadka <[email-masked]> -- 95855124
http://advogato.org/person/moshez

---

From: "Nadav Har'El" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2000 23:29:17 +0200

> Anyone has any idea about going about searching for such a contact point?

The IANA (Internet Assigned Numbers Authority), now known as ICANN
() makes decisions on top-level domains matters.

Read http://www.icann.org/general/ps-report-22mar00.htm to see why the
".ps" was delegated and to whom, and what is ICANN's policy on creating
new country-code top-level-domains.

Also take a look at the links
http://www.gov.ps
http://www.gov.ps/gcc/default.htm
Maybe they have the details you want (I don't know).

Another idea: try
$ nslookup -q=any gov.ps 
Non-authoritative answer:
gov.ps  nameserver = pappsrv.papp.undp.org
gov.ps  nameserver = ns.doleh.com

or even
$ nslookup -q=any ps 
Non-authoritative answer:
ps      nameserver = NS.LEB.NET
ps      nameserver = NS.DOLEH.COM
ps      nameserver = PAPPSRV.PAPP.UNDP.ORG

So you might want to check out these computers.

-- 
Nadav Har'El                        |     Sunday, Nov 19 2000, 22 Heshvan 5761
[email-masked]             |-----------------------------------------
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |I have a watch cat! If someone breaks
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |in, she'll watch.