Subject: MS-Word vs. the Technion

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 20:37:42 +0300 (IDT)

This message nicely combines the two previous threads with an interesting
twist.

I found out (from the "Image Processing and Analysis" lecturer) that the
reason that the lecture notes are not rendered to PDF with Acrobat
Distiller is because they were written in an old version of Word and
interacting it with Distiller would consume too much time, from some
reason. The Technion has a university-wide license of Distiller but it is
useless in this case because of Word's annoyances and incompatibility
between versions.

Naturally, hearing this has placed the last straw in my contemplation
whether to use Word or Hebrew LaTeX for my serious technical writings. As
it seems now, I will dedicate part of the vacation to learn LaTeX and
use it for my project's documentation.

Wordlessly yours

	Shlomi Fish

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

A more experienced programmer does not make less bugs. He just realizes
what went wrong more quickly.