Subject: Vauge problem accessing Web pages from abroad?

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 11:51:59 +0200 (EET)

Is it only me and vague feelings, or did other people observe a similar
phenomenon?

During the last few days and when accessing via two ISPs, I noticed that
at first I can surf quickly to Web pages in Israel and abroad.  But after
few minutes, Web pages from abroad get downloaded very slowly (or even get
stuck in middle of downloading) but Israeli Web pages are downloaded
normally.  The browser+platform are usually the ones from Microsoft, but
it seems to happen also when I used Linux+mozilla.

When I close the browser and restart it, the initial behavior is resumed.
This bothers me because I am used to opening several windows by clicking
on hyperlinks, and then traversing them in a quasi-breadth-first tree
traversal algorithm.

Does anyone know what is going on?

                                             --- Omer
My opinions, as expressed in this E-mail message, are mine alone.
They do not represent the official policy of any organization with which
I may be affiliated in any way.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

---

From: Shoshannah Forbes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 13:38:42 +0200

> it seems to happen also when I used Linux+mozilla.

there has been a thread about a similar (or the same?) issue in the 
broadband forum at tapuz:
http://www.tapuz.co.il/tapuzforum/main/Viewmsg.asp?id=20&msgid=12139673

---

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 14:57:45 +0200 (EET)

On Sat, 15 Feb 2003, Shoshannah Forbes wrote:

> > at first I can surf quickly to Web pages in Israel and abroad.But
> > after
> > normally.The browser+platform are usually the ones from Microsoft,
> > but

Thanks, it seems to be the same issue.

                                             --- Omer