Subject: A joke

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 23:11:14 +0200 (IST)

In a discussion I had with mulix and other guys from the Haifa Linux
Club, Muli suggested that following the discussion about the hyphen that
took place on Linux-IL, he was going to refrain from using the
hyphen/minus sign altogether.

So I asked him what he was going to use instead and eventually I suggested
that he use e^j*pi...

Conclusion: we should rename this group to
hackers(e**(j*pi))[email-masked]. 

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

BTW: I also suggested that someone writes a dictionary of multiple
programming languages with etymology which will say from which language
this feature was inherited. Thus, we will be able to know from where the
"^" and "**" as substitutes for power came from.

Muli said that everything will probably go back to either LISP or
Fortran, or something like that. But I suppose that with the current
inflation of languages (Haskell has about 10-15 extensions, each with its
own additions) it will oneday be inevitable but to write such a beast.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked] 
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

The prefix "God Said" has the extraordinary logical property of 
converting any statement that follows it into a true one.