Subject: RE: [hackers-il] XP search bug and a pointer to a fix

From: Chen Shapira <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 10:44:02 +0200

> 
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/22828.html

Is there any specific reason you wished to let us know of this bug?
I mean, its very rare that we send windows bugs and fixes to this list, I
have quite many of them collected in my 2 years of living with NT. Anything
especially interesting about this one? did I miss the point?

Chen.

---

From: Oleg Goldshmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: 15 Nov 2001 11:24:24 +0200

Chen Shapira <[email-masked]> writes:

> did I miss the point?

No. I did. And I can't recall what the point was. My brain is still
using ext2, not a journalling FS (see Nadav's recent explanation on
why one needs a journalling FS), and I suppose I got kicked in the
head (rebooted) in the middle of sending the URL to a colleague and a
couple of friends who run XP. Apologies for the reduction in S/N.

-- 
Oleg Goldshmidt | [email-masked] 
"If it ain't broken, it has not got enough features yet."