Subject: ADUni courses

From: Oleg Goldshmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Jan 2003 13:14:55 +0200

I stumbled by chance on ArsDigita University downloadable videos of
lecture courses in CS and related Math. 

http://www.aduni.org/courses/

A snippet from the web page:

------------------------------------------------------
 The course of study at ArsDigita University was linear, with one
 class per month, and was comprised exclusively of computer science
 and related mathematics.

Math for Computer Science
Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs
Discrete Math
How Computers Work
Object-oriented Program Design
Algorithms
Systems
Web Applications
Theory of Computation
Artificial Intelligence
Unix Workshop
Database Management Systems
Applied Probability

The curriculum was modeled on the undergraduate CS program at
MIT. Several of the courses were straightforward adoptions of MIT
courses. A few were specifically designed for the program, which was
roughly in line with the ACM's 2001 Model Curricula for Computing. The
process of accreditation (ACM or CSAB/ABET) would have been pursued if
the program had continued.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Among the highlights, SICP (not by Abelson and Sussman though, see
FAQ). 

I have not watched the videos, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

-- 
Oleg Goldshmidt | [email-masked]