Subject: RE: Meta: Philosophy-IL has 8 members

From: Chen Shapira <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 08:52:52 +0200

Hi,

I strongly object to Shlomi's suggestion.

The original agenda of hackers-il is computer related discussion. In my
opinion, the reason hackers-il has more members is that more readers are
interested in coputer discussion than in philosophy-politics. 

By moving philosophy into hackers-il, you will annoy or drive out the exect
people who are interested in computers and not in philosophy.

I fully intend to moderate any political or philosophical discussion which
isn't related to technology.

If any of our esteemed readers are interested in such discussion, they are
free to join philosophy-il.

Thanks,
Chen

---

From: Oleg Goldshmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Jan 2003 09:34:15 +0200

> isn't related to technology.

Please do.

-- 
Oleg Goldshmidt | [email-masked]
"There is nothing more practical than idealism."
[Richard M. Stallman, quoted with permission]