Subject: holy wars

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 09:24:13 +0300

Hi,

I just found out that there's a paintballing place in Israel.
It is supposed to be near Kfar Saba, an open area with Ekalyptus trees and some
buildings, they supply paintball guns, we shoot each other. 

Anyone feels this is the right way to settle "dynamic typing" vs. "Static
typing" argument?

--
Chen Shapira	Web Developer and Linux Activist
The algorithm for finding the longest path in a graph is NP-complete.
For you systems people, that means it's *real slow*.

---

From: Ury Segal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:42:40 +0300

> buildings, they supply paintball guns, we shoot each other.

It hearts like hell, and you can get a parmanent mark if shot
from less from 1 meter.

> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Make new friends, find the old at Classmates.com:
> http://click.egroups.com/1/4052/9/_/_/_/958458314/
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [email-masked]

---

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:56:08 +0300 (IDT)

> Anyone feels this is the right way to settle "dynamic typing" vs. "Static

It would be a good place to re-enact scenes from "Ender's Game"
(neglecting the gravitational influence).
It would be a good place to settle once for all who is a better
paintballing player.

It would NOT be a good place to settle the truth about "dynamic typing"
vs. "static typing".  Especially because I suspect that the truth is "it
depends" and contains details under which circumstances "dynamic typing" 
is better for a specific design, and under which circumstances - "static
typing" is better.  This is not your classical "religious war" where both
alternatives are, if to say the frank truth, equivalent for 99% of the
time, and are different almost only due to personal preferences.

No, a black/white "yes"/"no" answer would not be satisfactory answer to
the religious question about types of typing.

Let's start arguing about which applications (and parts of applications)
had better use static typing, and which - dynamic typing.  OK?

                                             --- Omer
   "MS-Word keeps thinking it knows what I'm gonna do next and tries to
   help me.  I've lived with my wife for 27 years and SHE can't do that.
   What makes MS-Word think it can?"             Bill Mullins
WARNING:
By sending me unsolicited commercial/political/religious E-mail message/s
(known also as "spam"), you irrevocably agree to pay me US$500.- (plus any
legal expenses incurred by my trying to collect the amount due) per
unsolicited commercial/political/religious E-mail message - for the service
of receiving it.

---

From: Moshe Zadka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 11:59:29 +0300 (IDT)

> Anyone feels this is the right way to settle "dynamic typing" vs. "Static

Cool!

---

From: Omer Mussaev <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 13:56:52 +0300

> Anyone feels this is the right way to settle "dynamic typing" vs. "Static

:)))
I thought that going to pub and playing darts after a good portion of a good
potion is a worthy idea. But paintball-bashing seems even better idea:))

--
Omer Mussaev    051-308-214   mailto:[email-masked]
systems programmer, Mercury Interactive/RND/Conduct/core