Subject: We are guilty! Guilty!! Guilty!!!

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:35:38 +0200 (IST)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:11:41 -0400
From: Yerby Craig MTSP <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Thought for the Week

This is too good not to share.  

--------------------
NEWS FLASH! SEVEN SOFTWARE COMPANIES ADDED TO "WATCH LIST"

New York - People for Ethical Treatment of Software (PETS) announced today 
that seven more software companies have been added to the group's "watch 
list" of companies that regularly practice software testing.

"There is no need for software to be mistreated in this way so that 
companies like these can market new products," said Ken Grandola, 
spokesperson for PETS. "Alternative methods of testing these products are 
available."

According to PETS, these companies force software to undergo lengthy and 
arduous tests, often without rest, for hours or days at time. Employees are 
assigned to "break" the software by any means necessary, and inside sources 
report that they often joke about "torturing" the software.

"It's no joke," said Grandola. "Innocent programs, from the day they are 
compiled, are cooped up in tiny rooms and "crashed" for hours on end. They 
spend their whole lives on dirty, ill-maintained computers, and are 
unceremoniously deleted when they're not needed anymore."

Grandola said the software is kept in unsanitary conditions and is infested 
with bugs.

"We know that alternatives to this horror exist," he said, citing industry 
giant Microsoft Corporation as a company that has become successful without 
resorting to software testing.

About The Embedded Muse
-----------------------
The Embedded Muse is an occasional newsletter sent via email by Jack 
Ganssle

---

From: Chen Shapira <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:15:07 +0200

What about those who write and test applications for software testing?