Subject: Stephen Wolfram's "A New Kind of Science"

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 01:42:38 +0300 (EET DST)

I have browsed its entry in B&N
(http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=0C47HWQJOK&isbn=1579550088),
and noticed that readers were generally lukewarm about it.

Is there anyone in Israel, who actually read the book, and can share his
own opinion about it with us?
                                             --- Omer
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

---

From: Oleg Goldshmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: 18 Sep 2002 08:44:00 +0300

> own opinion about it with us?

I have it, but have not had time to open the monster yet. Muli? We got
it at roughly the same time, IIRC.

-- 
Oleg Goldshmidt | [email-masked] 
=================================================================
"... Of theoretical physics and programming, programming embodied 
the greater intellectual challenge." [E.W.Dijkstra, 1930 - 2002.]

---

From: Muli Ben-Yehuda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:15:50 +0300

> it at roughly the same time, IIRC.

I have read several chapters and gazed at the pretty pictures ;)

It was a very interesting, thought provoking read. I don't know how
ground breaking it is, but he certainly elucidates his ideas clearly
and made me think. It's also a lovely book to have, if you love books
in general (very high quality printing and binding).  

Here's one very good review:

http://www.kurzweilai.net/articles/art0464.html?printable=1
-- 
Muli Ben-Yehuda
syscalltrack hacker-at-large