Subject: RE: [hackers-il] [Fwd: The Unreasonable Effectiveness of Mathemat ics]

From: Chen Shapira <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 12:11:15 +0200

> So now egroups is yahoo-groups? Ooof, now I need to change my 
> mail filtering
> scripts in about a dozen places ;)

Shall we lecture you on the value of good design? This sort of thing should
be read from a config file and therefore updated in only one place.

We will keep changing the email address until you all learn :-)

---

From: "Nadav Har'El" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2001 12:26:52 +0200

> We will keep changing the email address until you all learn :-)

I'm aware of your sarcasm, but to my defence I just want to point out that
changing hackers-il filtering is indeed one change. The problem is that I'm
suscribed to several egroups lists (when I said dozen I overestimated - only
4). I don't think the domain name of the egroups should be a parameter in
my script. Why don't I also have ".com" a parameter, in case it's one day
changed to something else and I'll need to change every one of the addresses? :)

-- 
Nadav Har'El                        |    Wednesday, Feb 7 2001, 14 Shevat 5761
[email-masked]             |-----------------------------------------
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |I don't live on the edge, but sometimes
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |I go there to visit.