Subject: Ways to do it - Take 2

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 04:31:16 +0300 (IDT)

I am posting this message here again, because I received only one
(positive) reply. If you have an opinion about this article or some smart
comment to make, or something to add - please post it here or send it to
me in private E-mail. But I'd like to hear something.

Here goes:

--------

Perl - There's more than one way to do it.

C++ - There are 5 ways to do it, 3 out of which are not supposed to work.

Visual Basic - The only way to do it is to use a third party component.

ANSI C - There is usually one way to do it, but there's more than one way to
optimize it.

Java - There's barely one way to do it.

Python - There's only one way to do it. The one true way of doing it.

COBOL - The only way to do it is to use something else.

Common LISP - There is a infinite series of ways to do it, increasing in
elegance, and decreasing in legibility.

Scheme - You have to chart either one of the ways to do it.

Haskell - You can think of any number of ways to do it, but only one
will have a reasonable time or space complexity.

HTML - There are many ways to do it. Most of them should be avoided at all
costs, and the other ones should better be precossed with something else.

The C Preprocessor - There's not supposed to be a way to do it.

Bash - There are several ways to do it. Now one has to find a way to decide
which way to do it.

C Shell - The only way to do it does not work.

-------------

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

"Let's suppose you have a table with 2^n cups..."
"Wait a second - is n a natural number?"

---

From: guy keren <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 11:01:15 +0300 (EET DST)

> me in private E-mail. But I'd like to hear something.

sometimes, the lack of replies, is a reaction on its own merits...

-- 
guy

"For world domination - press 1,
 or dial 0, and please hold, for the creator." -- nob o. dy