Subject: RE: [hackers-il] [[email-masked]: Shimon Schocken on Tu esday 05/06/2001]

From: Chen Shapira <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:47:59 +0200

> No it isn't.
> It's about as similar to Lisp as C is similar to Java.

I have no idea what you mean by this analogy.

But since this is a nice game, why don't we continue? I think RTL is like
lisp as a cell-phone is like those army motorolla's.

Wasn't it part of those tests some people take to join the university? find
the correct analogy?

But since I believe this is useless, let me explain exectly what I ment, by
quoting the manual:

-----
RTL is inspired by Lisp lists. It has both an internal form, made up of
structures that point at other structures, and a textual form that is used
in the machine description and in printed debugging dumps. The textual form
uses nested parentheses to indicate the pointers in the internal form. 
-----

I would also say that this is a low level lisp.

But again, we are discussing descriptions now, which isn't too productive.

You now know what I mean. I consider this enough to call "similar". If you
think it isn't similar. Or you think that the right description is "as
similar to lisp as java is to c", feel free to enjoy yourself.