Subject: Scheme's Box and Pointer diagrams for LaTeX

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:01:02 +0200 (IST)

How can I effectively draw Box and Pointer diagrams in LaTex? So far the
best thing I could find was a package called envdraw for Scheme/Tk:

http://kaolin.unice.fr/STk/Contribs/

I'm looking for something as automatic as possible.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

"Let's suppose you have a table with 2^n cups..."
"Wait a second - is n a natural number?"

---

From: "Nadav Har'El" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:05:54 +0200

> http://kaolin.unice.fr/STk/Contribs/

If I understood your request correctly, I would use pic (see pic(1), and
you can also read Brian Kernighan's technical report pointed-to in the
SEE ALSO section - it has more graphical examples).

> I'm looking for something as automatic as possible.

If by "automatic" you mean GUI, you can use xfig.

-- 
Nadav Har'El                        |       Tuesday, Dec 18 2001, 3 Tevet 5762
[email-masked]             |-----------------------------------------
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |Why aren't fishmongers generous? Their
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |business makes them selfish.

---

From: Tzafrir Cohen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 14:10:23 +0200 (IST)

> I'm looking for something as automatic as possible.

Is that on-topic?

Where is a good place to get latex-related help?

Anyway: If a program can export its drawing as an eps file, then you can
easily include it in LaTeX (assuming you use dvips or an equivalent in the
end)

You may have some problems with getting custom latex text into the figure.

You can also use latex picture drawing, or ps-tricks . But for simple
diagrams I believe that programs like the one you mentioned, or xfig
(which has a large collection of ready-made shapes but sadly is still
based on Xaw) or any other drawing program.

-- 
Tzafrir Cohen
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www.technion.ac.il/~tzafrir

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 16:13:14 +0200 (IST)

> If by "automatic" you mean GUI, you can use xfig.

Actually by automatic I mean that I insert something like "((5 6) (7 5
6))" or any other S-expressions and get the drawing automatically.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [email-masked]
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>