Subject: Meta: Separate Mailing List for Posting Hacks

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:42:40 +0300 (IDT)

You probably noticed that I posted a lot of hacks I created, and thought
would be of interest to the list, recently. I was told some people
consider it off-topic up to a point where some filtered out all my
messages.

My question is: do you want to start a separate mailing list (say
hackers-il-hacks) for posting such small-scope programming exploits? I am
neutral.

Sometimes discussing the hacks diverted into interesting discussions of
computing in general, but I suppose it can happen in the other list too.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

P.S: can a kind soul reply to the this message quoting it entirely, so
those who filter my messages can see it, too?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

"Let's suppose you have a table with 2^n cups..."
"Wait a second - is n a natural number?"

---

From: Muli Ben-Yehuda <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 14:45:36 +0300

> hackers-il-hacks) for posting such small-scope programming exploits? I am

hackers-il is for hacks and discussion thereof. I don't consider the
things you've posted recently hacks, by the definition of hack as I
see it. Ergo, if a new mailing list is opened, it should be "shlomif's
latest work", or whatever you might want to call it. Hell, I might
even subscribe ;)
-- 
"Hmm.. Cache shrink failed - time to kill something?
 Mhwahahhaha! This is the part I really like. Giggle."
					 -- linux/mm/vmscan.c
http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~mulix/	http://syscalltrack.sf.net

---

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 15:26:17 +0300 (EET DST)

I am quoting the entire message, mutilating potential filtering keywords.

My own opinion:
S*l*m* has been quite prolific participant in this mailing list.
Some things which he wrote interested me.  Others didn't interest me.

But as far as I remember, all of his messages were on-topic for
Hackers-IL, in that they discussed various topics, which more or less
related to software development.

I believe that people, who filter all of his messages due to some of them
being uninteresting for them, throw the baby out together with the water.
Besides, his E-mail messages are not THAT big % of the total Hackers-IL
traffic.
This is withstanding the fact that he has his own peculiar style and way
of observing and interacting with the world, which may be annoying to some
of them.

                                             --- Omer
Th*r* is no *GL* *a*a*.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

On Thu, 15 Aug 2002, S*l*m* F*s* wrote:

> 	S*l*m* F*s*