Subject: RFC: "Open Source, Free Software and Other Beasts"

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:07:57 +0200 (IST)

In this url:

http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/philosophy/oss-fs/

one can find a relatively mature copy of my article named "Open Source,
Free Software and Other Beasts", which aims to be an introduction of the
open-source/free software movement to people who are new or otherwise
relatively unfamiliar with it.

I'm not posting it here because it's quite long. Note that it was reviewed
by a few distinguished members of this mailing list, whom I sent them the
article in private before embarking on publishing it to a more public
forum. This enabled me to eliminate most of its initial problems, and thus
it is hopefully of better quality. I think I'll follow this guideline in
subsequent essays I write, unless of course they are very short.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/

My opinions may seem crazy, but they all make sense. Insane sense, but
sense nonetheless.