Subject: RE: [hackers-il] DMCA, SSSCA/CBDTPA related laws in Israel? (fwd)

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 20:50:04 +0300 (IDT)

Forwarded to the list.                     --- Omer

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2002 17:23:59 -0000
From: Ofir Carny <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [hackers-il] DMCA, SSSCA/CBDTPA related laws in Israel?

I tried to send it to the list but had some trouble with the list
mechanism, anyway: 

2. IANAL, but AFAIR, Israel is, or about to be (check the 'Megama Yeruka'
web site, it probably have much more information than I have) a
signatory/member to WIPO and/or WTO - probably both, and both have some
provisions to that effect. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Omer Zak [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 10:05 PM
To: Hackers-IL; Linux-IL mailing list
Subject: [hackers-il] DMCA, SSSCA/CBDTPA related laws in Israel?

1. Is there anyone with legal background and familiarity with the
   lawmaking work in the Knesset, who can tell us if there is any risk
   that laws like the DMCA or SSSCA/CBDTPA will be enacted in Israel?

2. Are there any international treaties, to which Israel is signatory,
   which require it to pass such laws?

3. If yes, is there anything which we can do to prevent the passage of
   those laws?
                                             --- Omer
There is no IGLU Cabal.  It is an outlaw organization.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  see at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html