Subject: RE: Email practices (was: RE: The theory and practice ofparanoia( was: RE: [hackers-il]Anothergood article by Joel Spolsky))

From: Chen Shapira <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 21:32:25 +0200

> > http://www.colorado.edu/AmStudies/lewis/film/pulp.htm
> >
> Not the reference in the movie... in the New Testament!

They claim its in the old testiment "Yekhizkel 25,17..", but its not there
either.
There is some variant of this phrase somewhere later in the chapter, but not
in these exect words.
I guess they invented most of it.

> Let's join in togeather: We love you Gilad. We love you Arik. Would 
> anyone else from the group like to come forward?

I am responsible for the round-the-clock operation of a very large system,
which include about 250 NT servers. This system should have 100% uptime, and
I'm supposed to write the tools that makes it possible.

I know most of you here think I'm "The voice of Microsoft". 
At work, most of them think of me as the local Unix fanatic. I guess its a
matter of prespective.

Chen.

---

From: "Nadav Har'El" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 01:27:20 +0300

> At work, most of them think of me as the local Unix fanatic. I guess its a

This is what is known as a double agent :)

-- 
Nadav Har'El                        |      Tuesday, Jun 18 2002, 8 Tammuz 5762
[email-masked]             |-----------------------------------------
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |A messy desk is a sign of a messy mind.
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |An empty desk is a sign of an empty mind.

---

From: Arik Baratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 10:12:47 +0200

> I guess they invented most of it.
Some script-writer must have though to themselves: Hmm, Ezekiel sounds 
right for this kind of stuff.

> I'm supposed to write the tools that makes it possible.
We love you Chen

> At work, most of them think of me as the local Unix fanatic. I guess 
I share your pain. The least I could do here is make them have a Linux 
firewall. There is no fscking way we can share 4 ADSL lines using 
Windows. Not to mention some security issues...

-- Arik

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:25:09 +0300 (IDT)

> > I'm supposed to write the tools that makes it possible.

Indeed we do. May I be prudent enough to ask you what does this system do
and why it has to be based on NT? You usually don't see the words 100%
uptime and NT together. (and from a very good reason)

> Windows. Not to mention some security issues...

I found out that my devotion to Linux made me quite ignorant in NT/Win2K
administration. Win2K is a maze of GUI dialogs and applets and making a
head or a tail of it does not seem much more easier than with the
more command-line-ish Linux. But, of course, I'm already used to Linux and
knows where to look up everything there.

As a side note I should add that my partner for Computer Graphics
routinely uses Linux to test Infiniband Network Cards. The funny thing is
that he is completely unaware of how he can tweak the system and install
new components. He never heard of the rpm command, he isn't familiar with
the "./configure ; make ; make install" procedure. He just uses KDE and
the UNIX shell, and gcc and XEmacs, and he's happy with it. Some kind of a
professional Linux non-guru.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

>
>
>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [email-masked]
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

"Let's suppose you have a table with 2^n cups..."
"Wait a second - is n a natural number?"