Subject: Graphics Programming Black Book

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 17:50:35 +0300 (IDT)

Did anyone download all the files of the classic Graphics Programming
Black Book and mirror them in an Israeli FTP or Web site?

I am trying to download the files, but the site is being slashdotted, and
it would take me forever to download all 153MB of the book, and the
bottleneck is not my 64Kbps ISDN line!

If anyone can provide the FTP/Web space and there are volunteers to
download part of the stuff, I volunteer to manage the effort.

I already downloaded the Cover (gpbb.pdf) and Table of Contents
(gpbb0.pdf) parts.

The Web page listing the files is at the URL:
http://www.ddj.com/articles/2001/0165/0165f/0165f.htm

Anyone who wants to download the Cover or Contents - please don't - ask me
for those files.  Instead, download one of the other chapters.
                                             --- Omer
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  see at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

---

From: mulix <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 20:38:00 +0200 (IST)

> Black Book and mirror them in an Israeli FTP or Web site?

i have downloaded all of the chapters a few days ago, as soon as i saw the
announcement on the ddj website.

> download part of the stuff, I volunteer to manage the effort.

i have all 153 megs of it, and could upload it easily to an ftp or
webspace. just give me a hostname and a user/pass.

if anyone feels they must have a certain chapter immediately, i'd be happy
to send them that particular chapter until a suitable mirror is
available. 
-- 
mulix
http://www.advogato.com/person/mulix

linux/reboot.h: #define LINUX_REBOOT_MAGIC1 0xfee1dead

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2001 07:42:48 +0200 (IST)

> to send them that particular chapter until a suitable mirror is

I suppose one can use iglu.org.il for that. I'd rather not give you my
password, but I can create an ssh/scp acount for you. At what phone can I
call you to synchronize a password?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [email-masked]
> 
>  
> 
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 
> 
> 
> 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked] 
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

The prefix "God Said" has the extraordinary logical property of 
converting any statement that follows it into a true one.