Subject: RE: [hackers-il] summoning a daemon

From: Chen Shapira <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:04:14 +0200

> Inetd that also lets users register listeners on, crond-style. This
> way users who want to run their own servers don't have to have an
> active daemon.

Why will that be efficient? It'll spawn heavily.

---

From: Moshe Zadka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:44:53 +0200 (IST)

> Why will that be efficient? It'll spawn heavily. 

It wouldn't do to get slashdotted, but for something on the order
of http://www.moshez.org, I think it'd suffice.
--
Moshe Zadka <[email-masked]> -- 95855124
http://advogato.org/person/moshez

---

From: Adi Stav <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:51:50 +0200

> Why will that be efficient? It'll spawn heavily. 

It will be as efficient as the current inetd is -- not efficient at
all for busy servers, but convenient for less often-used ones that you
still want running.