Subject: Kernel compile problems

From: Alexander Gavrilov <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:16:33 +0300

Hello every one !

I hope it is the right list !!!

I currently now trying to compile kernel 2.2.16   rh7
and i getting those errors:

1) checksum.o

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.2.16/arch/i386/lib'
make all_targets
make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.2.16/arch/i386/lib'
gcc -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/include -D__ASSEMBLY__ -D__SMP__
-traditional
-c checksum.S -o checksum.o
checksum.S:231: badly punctuated parameter list in #define
checksum.S:237: badly punctuated parameter list in #define
make[2]: *** [checksum.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.2.16/arch/i386/lib'
make[1]: *** [first_rule] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.2.16/arch/i386/lib'
make: *** [_dir_arch/i386/lib] Error 2