Subject: Perl Conference

From: Gabor Szabo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 11:59:46 +0200 (IST)

Hi,

I mentioned this on the meeting last night but I'd like to send this to 
the wider audience of the hackers-il mailing list.

If you regulary use Perl for your job even if you are not a Perl hacker
you might be intereseted in the Perl Conference that will be held on 
12th May in the Weizmann Institute in Rehovot.

The date is still quite far away but we have a tight schedule for those 
who  would want to give a presentation or show a poster.
We need to get the proposals (5-10 lines) by 5th January so we can decide 
which presentations to select by the 20th of January to leave about 2 
month for the people to actually prepare the presentations.
The presentations can be given either in Hebrew or English.

I wrote a longer e-mail about what is YAPC (Yet Another Perl Conference) 
on the Perl mailing list
( http://www.perl.org.il/pipermail/perl/2002-December/000786.html )
There are links to ideas about presentations.

One important issue though: we are makeing this a highly technical 
conference without sales-droids and similar. 

I talked to a couple of people on yesterdays party and I hope some of you 
will eventually propose presentations so we'll have high level of content.

  Gabor
ps. on our YAPC site you can find even more information about the event 
and the proposals:  http://www.perl.org.il/YAPC/2003/

ps2. for the Python/Ruby/PHP lovers: after YAPC we can talk about working 
together on some common conference.