Subject: Joel Spolsky's "Things you must never do - Part I" in Hebrew

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 10:57:27 +0300 (IDT)

Joel Spolsky is now pulling an effort to translate his site into other
languages. To help with this good cause, I translated "Things you must
never do - Part I" into Hebrew. This is the article in which he claims
that re-writing entire codebases from scratch is usually a Bad Idea.

Check:

http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/things.html

and the original article in English can be found here:

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/fog0000000069.html

I sent the translation to Joel, but have not received a reply yet.
Technical comments about the translation are welcome. And this probably
would erupt a flame-war.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

"Let's suppose you have a table with 2^n cups..."
"Wait a second - is n a natural number?"

---

From: Arik Baratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 09:44:03 +0200

Instead of translating 'stole their lunch' to גנב את ארוחת הצהריים it is 
better to use a Hebrew expression, like גנב את הבכורה.

-- Arik

Shlomi Fish wrote:
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [email-masked]
> 
>  
> 
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
> 
>

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 11:42:38 +0300 (IDT)

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Arik Baratz wrote:

> Instead of translating 'stole their lunch' to âðá àú àøåçú äöäøééí it is
> better to use a Hebrew expression, like âðá àú äáëåøä.
>

Hi Arik!

I tried several ways to view this Hebrew part and was not successful. Can
you write an HTML file with it or write it in English letters.

BTW, Joel said "ate their lunch".

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish