Subject: RE: [hackers-il] A Recursive main() Function

From: Arik Baratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2002 10:40:32 +0200

Oh yes. I've seen a few. Usually it's those cryptic programs that people
used to put in their signature files.

-- Arik

-----Original Message-----
From: Shlomi Fish [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2002 9:17 AM
To: Hackers-IL
Subject: [hackers-il] A Recursive main() Function

Did anybody encounter a C program with a recursive (or indirectly
recursive) main function?

I think the C language allows for such a trick, because the compiler
bootstraps the process, and then makes a regular function call to main()
from the process initialization code.

It would be considered a very bad C-style but it seems like a very nice
trick. What if I called main() from somewhere to re-configure the program
using "command-line" parameters?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

There is no IGLU Cabal! After penetrating God's firewall (refer to OmerZ's
previous bit), they were able to spawn another instance of this reality.
Eventually, the IGLU Cabalists in the spawned reality spawned another
instance of reality there. And so forth to infinity. (there are also
rumours that two instances of reality were spawned in the "original"
reality...)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

"Let's suppose you have a table with 2^n cups..."
"Wait a second - is n a natural number?"

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

**********************************************************************
This email and any files transmitted were scanned by 
Port Authority Enterprise for unauthorized content.
**********************************************************************