Subject: [JOKE] Computability and Complexity - not what you think ;)

From: Alon Altman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 22:49:23 +0200 (IST)

A nice joke I wrote :)

For the hebrew-challanged users: http://alon.wox.org/comp.png

  Alon

�������� ��������� �� ����� �����������
---------------------------------------
* ���� �������: �� ��� '����' �� ���� ���� �� '�����'.
* ������ ���� �� ��-���������: "�� ��� ����� �� �� ���� ����� ���� �������
  ���".
* ������ �����: �� ���� ����� ����� "�������".
* �������� ������: ������ �� "��� ����" ����� �� "�� ����".
* ������������: �������� ������� ��� "����� �������".
* ������ ������� �- NPC: ���� ������ ������� (sic).
* "���� �������"
* ���� ������ �������: "���� ������".

�� ���� �� ������ ��������? �����, ������� ���� ��� ����� ������ ��� "��� ��
��".

-- 
This message was sent by Alon Altman ([email-masked]) ICQ:1366540
The RIGHT way to contact me is by e-mail. I am otherwise nonexistent :)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alimony and bribes will engage a large share of your wealth.

---

From: "Nadav Har'El" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 23:25:05 +0200

> A nice joke I wrote :)

You should show it to the complexity professor ;)
But then again, maybe you shouldn't :)

> * עולם המושגים: אם היא 'דוחה' אז ברור שהיא לא 'מקבלת'.

I'd say the opposite, actually. כשהיא 'מקבלת' אז היא גם 'דוחה'.
But it's getting too gross...

> * תאוריה שלמה על אי-דטרמיניזם: "אם היא אומרת לא אז יכול להיות שהיא מתכוונת
>   לכן".

Or on the other hand, you can say that if she told you "no", it means that
in every possible thread of thought, she ended up with the "no" answer!

> * הומוסקואליות: התייחסות למושגים כמו "מכונת טיורינג".

I'm not sure I get this. Are you referring to anything besides Alan Turing's
being gay? And how is this supposed to be funny? Did you know that Turing
was arrested and shamed for his sexual preferences, his security clearance
revoked, and two years later he put an end to his own life, when he was just
42 years old? (see http://www.turing.org.uk/turing/bio/part7.html for example)
What a waste :(

-- 
Nadav Har'El                        |      Sunday, Dec  9 2001, 25 Kislev 5762
[email-masked]             |-----------------------------------------
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |I have a watch cat! If someone breaks in,
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |she'll watch.