Subject: RE: [hackers-il] Smoking out pointer-impaired minds?

From: Chen Shapira <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 13:51:16 +0200

I think that the good-old "reverse a list" does the trick, similar tests
include left-shifting a list.

Oh, and don't throw out people just because they draw boxes and arrows, some
people are not too good at visualizing.

-----Original Message-----
From: Omer Zak [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2001 9:38 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [hackers-il] Smoking out pointer-impaired minds?

It has been said that there are some programmers, who "get" the idea of
pointers.  On the other hand, there are other people, who can never "get"
the idea of pointers no matter how much is the concept explained to them.

My question - is there any simple self-test or another test, which can be
used by an aspiring programmer and/or a prospective employer to find if he
can "get" the idea of pointers or not?
                                             --- Omer
There is no IGLU Cabal.  This time, with no explanations!
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/