Subject: RE: [hackers-il] Running a script whenever a particular RPM is installed

From: "Arik Baratz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 11:31:54 +0200

I think there's some script inside the RPM being run after the installation. Just open the RPM, change the script, and rebuild the RPM.

-- Arik

-----Original Message-----
From: Shlomi Fish [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2002 10:28 AM
To: Hackers-IL
Subject: [hackers-il] Running a script whenever a particular RPM is installed

Hi!

I'm using Mandrake Linux 8.2 with RPM 4.0.3. I'd like a certain script to
run whenever a particular RPM is installed, whether from by the rpm
command, by urpmi, by rpmdrake, or by the upgrade CD. I need this because
I don't like some of the default gvim settings and have to modify them
manually every time.

I could put it in my rc.d scripts, but would rather have something more
modular.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

"Let's suppose you have a table with 2^n cups..."
"Wait a second - is n a natural number?"

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

*
 *******************************************************
This email has been scanned by Port Authority.

********************************************************