Subject: RE: [hackers-il] Hungarian Notation

From: Chen Shapira <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 20:12:03 +0200

> Well, it seems that the Egroups ads are back in the bottom of 
> the letter.
> Did Egroups changed their policy back to this behaviour, or 
> did somebody
> of hackers-IL paid them to do this?

As far as I know they did it by them selves.

Thank $DEITY for small miracles.

BTW. how many of us are starting to study next sunday? (or near by date) do
you think the opening of a university year is enough to justify a party?

Thanks,
Chen.

---

From: Omer Musaev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 22:26:51 +0300

> you think the opening of a university year is enough to justify a party?

I do :)

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:27:34 +0200 (IST)

> > you think the opening of a university year is enough to justify a party?

I am starting to study tomorrow (i.e: Tuesday, October 24). I may attend a
party if it's sometime and someplace convenient as I study in the
Technion.
 
> I do :)

Omer, I thought you finished your studies and started working in Mercury.
Are you now studying for your Ph.D. or something like that?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

> > 
> > 
> 
> 
> 
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [email-masked]
> 
> 
> 
> 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked] 
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

The prefix "God Said" has the extraordinary logical property of 
converting any statement that follows it into a true one.

---

From: Omer Musaev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 12:23:54 +0300

> Are you now studying for your Ph.D. or something like that?

No, I  am not starting studies. However, I _do_ think that start of the 
year justifies the party :)

---

From: Omer Musaev <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 13:56:53 +0300

Quoting Peter van der Linden:

"The Furby is an animated doll about 7 inches high. It looks like a 
Gremlin from the 1984 movie of that name, and Tiger parent company 
Hasbro had to settle an infringement claim from Warner Brothers. Furby 
has a microphone, a loudspeaker, IR transmitter/receiver and can speak 
phrases. It has a motor and various cams to animate ears, eyes, body, 
etc. The toy retails for an amazingly cheap $30, though it was bid up by 
scarcity during the Christmas season to double, treble, quadruple that.
...
Obviously, the first thing to do was to take one of these apart, and see 
how easy it would be to reprogram it to utter inappropriate phrases. The 
second need was to write a Java interface, possibly using the Java 
speech API, so you can program Furby with Java code. There are some 
barriers to doing this. Read on for the details!
"
look at: "http://www.afu.com/fur.html"