Subject: Looking for a certain TAU Mathematics Professor

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 18:14:48 +0200 (IST)

I'm looking for a TAU professor which I attended a lecture of his during
High School. He seems to be interested in the subject I will describe
shortly, and I'd like to get in touch with him because I have made some
progress in the subject, some time after the lecture.

From what I remember his name was Amos Erlich or something similar. The
problem is that there is no such professor in the Math department of TAU.
In any case, he holds lectures and discussions about the subject in
various places in Israel (or from what he told us, in the world).

Here is a description of the subject:

Let's take the transformation i -> (2*i (mod n)). Now let's plot a graph
whose nodes are all the possible modulos for n, i.e. 0 - (n-1). Now we
explore the different shapes formed in this graph, how it is derived from
its factors, etc.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

If:
1. A is A
2. A is not not-A
does it imply that
1. B is B
2. B is not not-B

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 18:16:07 +0200 (IST)

I forgot to mention that I remember he was a religious (but not orthodox)
Jew.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

If:
1. A is A
2. A is not not-A
does it imply that
1. B is B
2. B is not not-B

---

From: Oleg Goldshmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Nov 2001 11:14:42 +0200

> problem is that there is no such professor in the Math department of

School of Education: http://www.tau.ac.il/~amos1/

Took me exacxtly two seconds to click Search on the TAU home page and
type his name into the Google prompt. The only difference was that it
was natural to me to spell his name as Amos Ehrlich...

-- 
Oleg Goldshmidt | [email-masked] 
"If it ain't broken, it has not got enough features yet."

---

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 12:42:59 +0200 (EET)

> Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]> writes:
[... snipped ...]
> was natural to me to spell his name as Amos Ehrlich...

What is needed to get the quick Search engines available in Web sites to
use agrep-like algorithms in lieu of simple find?
agrep would have helped Shlomi find Ehrlich when he was looking for
Erlich.
                                             --- Omer
There is no IGLU Cabal.  However, plans to found one are being made in
the timeline t = t(here) + (x + iy)/c, where x is 3.2354 light years, and
y is 5.894583 Klingonian Parsecs.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html