Subject: Lindows

From: "Amir Abiri" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2002 17:41:42 +0200

Does anyone here thinks that Lindows has a chance ?

-- 
"God is a programmer".

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 06:44:01 +0200 (IST)

> Does anyone here thinks that Lindows has a chance ?

Are you sure it is the right group? Maybe you meant GNUbies-IL?

In any case, it is a common idiom in Jewish culture that since the
destruction of the First Temple, prophecy was taken away from the
prophets and given to fools. There are several issues that cloud Lindows'
potential success: the trademark war, the MS patents, or lack of interest
from the public.

However, it is possible that these factors will be overcomed somehow. I'd
rather see what will happen, instead of spending time trying to predict
the future. And I believe that whatever will happen with Lindows is not a
"life-or-death" matter for anything I can think of.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

There is no IGLU Cabal! Since the demise of the original ILUG Cabal, LUG
Cabal maintainance was taken away from hackers and given to people who
include an alternate funny signature in their E-mails.

(huh! a self-referential one)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

"Let's suppose you have a table with 2^n cups..."
"Wait a second - is n a natural number?"