Subject: facial hairius extremis

From: mulix <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 09:48:50 +0200 (IST)

just out of curiosity, how many of this groups augost members are bearded?
http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2323.html

mulix, still mourning the loss of his beard on saturday night.
-- 
mulix

http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~mulix/
http://syscalltrack.sf.net/

---

From: "Nadav Har'El" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 10:10:46 +0200

> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2323.html

Not me. It itches too much ;)

> mulix, still mourning the loss of his beard on saturday night.

Were you influenced by media coverage of Afghanistan that implied that you
cannot really be free before you shave off your beard? :)

-- 
Nadav Har'El                        |       Monday, Jan 21 2002, 8 Shevat 5762
[email-masked]             |-----------------------------------------
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |How to become immortal: Read this
http://nadav.harel.org.il           |signature tomorrow and follow its advice.

---

From: Adi Stav <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 13:22:51 +0200

> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2323.html

Aye.

> mulix, still mourning the loss of his beard on saturday night.

I don't remember you bearded the last time we met (some two years
ago Aduva, I believe...)

---

From: mulix <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 12:21:28 +0200 (IST)

> cannot really be free before you shave off your beard? :)

nay. it was the culmination of several factors, including but not
limited to peer pressure, the phase of the moon, the desire for a
change, and the sky rocketing dollar value.

that, and a willing female accomplice to help shave it off.
-- 
mulix

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:44:33 +0200 (IST)

> Not me. It itches too much ;)

That's my feeling too. Of course, studying in the Technion enables me to
shave it only every two or three days. But sometimes I shave one day after
the other.

There was once a Slashdot Poll on what its readers used to shave. (razors,
an electrical machine, etc) Then one of the posters said she was a woman,
and I'd rather not mention the rest of her post. ;-)

> cannot really be free before you shave off your beard? :)

You know, I believe the men of the ancient Semitic tribes were
distinguished by their long beards. There is a story in the bible that
King David sent a delegation to a nearby kingdom whose king died, and this
king's son (who became the new king) ordered that a left or right side
of the beard be shaven. Naturally, they looked ridiculus and could not
shave their beards entirely. The end result was a war, in which David
finally conquerod the kingdom.

Of course Orthodox Jews take beards seriously to this day. I'm reminded of
the Desert Storm war in which they deprived children of protective masks
because of that.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

The signature fortune is very nice. Of course, you first have to prove
that the reader will indeed live tomorrow. Habeas Corpus, I say - your
proof is not complete.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

>
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> [email-masked]
>
>
>
> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>
>

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked]
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

"Let's suppose you have a table with 2^n cups..."
"Wait a second - is n a natural number?"

---

From: Omer Zak <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 18:42:47 +0200 (IST)

> the Desert Storm war in which they deprived children of protective masks

... not to mention the budget for equipping Israeli deaf adults and
children with beepers to alert them of an impending attack.

Few years ago I made some queries about costs, and as a result, I could
prove the formula that in Israel, one single Orthodox Jewish beard is
worth the lives of three deaf persons. 

                                             --- Omer
I never neglected refreshing my gas mask when directed so by "Pikud
Oref".  However, without having also a beeper, it will probably be
ineffective in saving my life.  So I'm not going to bother carrying it
around even if everyone else carries his gas mask around.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  see at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

---

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 19:07:13 +0200 (IST)

> worth the lives of three deaf persons.

This is outrageous. I think I'll start "The Conspiracy for Secularing
Israel (and afterwards the whole world)" right now. If you ask me, a true
Jew is by definition an atheist, since Jews uphold freedom above
everything else. And complete freedom means freedom from god. Now,
orthodox Jews can always play on the strings of "tradition", our "roots",
and the fact that Judaism also contains a religion.

What they don't realize is that Jews are a people, and that their
peopleship has nothing to do with the Jewish religion. In fact, the Jewish
religion is a very small part of Judaism. But enough talking.

Who's with me?

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

There is no IGLU Cabal! Being Jews, they decided to "Lahazor Betshuva"
because of the erroneous believe that it would make them more loyal to
their people.