Subject: RE: [hackers-il] Re: [Haifux] Python Lecture

From: Ofir Carny <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 19:56:02 +0200

I do not speak python so I am probably qualified to comment... I didn't
understand the meaning of c[0:1] in slide 7.	

-----Original Message-----
From: guy keren [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, March 12, 2002 3:18 PM
To: mulix
Cc: Haifa Linux Club; [email-masked]
Subject: [hackers-il] Re: [Haifux] Python Lecture

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, mulix wrote:

>
> first draft[1] of the lecture slides available at
> http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~mulix/python-lecture/html/index.html

slide 8, give a concrete example of an 'if' command, like you did
     with the 'while' command.

     regarding 'range': state if the ends aer inclusive or exclusive. it
        _looks_ like the start is inclusive, while the end is exclusive
        (.e. up to one before the given number). or perhaps its not the
        last number in the range, but rather the number of elements in the
        range to generate for the list?

slide 10, definition of function 'f' lacks a parameter:
    def f:   --> def f(a):

    when showing filter, map, 'for' and 'del', write a comment stating
       what the output is, like you did in the rest of the examples.

slide 11, part after 'more conditionals' - what is conditional about these
     assignments?

slide 15: you run a perl script from a python function? blashphemy! :)

general: 'upload.py' is too long to serve as a first script example, and
         introduces too many library functions for a first script
         (REs, OS APIs). better put the googler.py first.

          googler.py might go against the terms of use of google ;)

          also good to put the compile_test.py before upload.py .

          you won't have time to go over all the examples - the tutorial
          part will take more then an hour, in my opinion.

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,
 or dial 0, and please hold, for the creator." -- nob o. dy

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/