Subject: RE: [hackers-il] Looking for a certain TAU Mathematics Professor

From: Chen Shapira <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 12:52:14 +0200

> What is needed to get the quick Search engines available in 
> Web sites to
> use agrep-like algorithms in lieu of simple find?
> agrep would have helped Shlomi find Ehrlich when he was looking for
> Erlich.

How would it help?
without knowing that Erlich is spelled diffrently, you wouldn't be able to
formulate the right regexp.

Chen.

---

From: Adi Stav <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 17:51:13 +0200

> formulate the right regexp.

We need soundex in Web searches.

---

From: Oleg Goldshmidt <[email-masked]>
Date: 07 Nov 2001 15:54:20 +0200

> formulate the right regexp.

No, I wouldn't. But knowing that Ehrlich could be spelled differently
but being unsure about the actual spelling, I (and Shlomi) could use
a regexp search. I miss regexps often when I search the web.

I doubt that creating a web search engine would make a successful
business plan though...

-- 
Oleg Goldshmidt | [email-masked] 
"If it ain't broken, it has not got enough features yet."