Subject: Lecture I'm about to give about Scheme and Lambda Calculus

From: Shlomi Fish <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 20:36:20 +0300 (IDT)

I'm planning to give a lecture to the Haifa Linux Club about Lambda
Calculus. I'm planning to teach them enough Scheme to be able to learn
Lambda Calculus but otherwise the focus will be on LC.

You can see an unfinished, beta version of the slides I'm going to use on
the following URL:

http://vipe.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/lecture/Lambda-Calculus/

If you know Scheme and/or Lambda Calculus please read them and give
comments. I will update them and post new ones as I advance in making the
lecture. Note that at the moment they are Scheme code, but I'm planning to
render the final slides using gvim into HTML. (that or just use gvim to
display them)

Now, I have a few questions to ask the list about lambda calculus?

1. Can anybody give me a correct declaration of the Y combinator?
2. Can anybody give me a declaration of the while combinator?
((while cond) statements)
3. Any lambda calculus material that you can send me, or post on the web
will be very nice.

Regards,

	Shlomi Fish

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Shlomi Fish        [email-masked] 
Home Page:         http://t2.technion.ac.il/~shlomif/
Home E-mail:       [email-masked]

The prefix "God Said" has the extraordinary logical property of 
converting any statement that follows it into a true one.