Subject: RE: [hackers-il] i really need help

From: Arik Baratz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 11:53:25 +0200

Waaay off, Omer. Your model lack an important parameter, D, which is defined
as following:

D = paranoya factor, defined as a number from 0..1, 0 being where you think
the government will NEVER do anything wrong and 1 being that you think that
there are hidden cameras in the screen and I can see you now.

Integrating this value into the model gives you:

C = 0.05*A + 0.95*B + 3*D

The sharper minds in the bunch would notice that this value can easily be
more than 1, which proves that paranoya is sometimes irrational. Moreover,
in this guy's case D is very high - after all the user believes that a bunch
of foreign hackers obviously have some way of discovering his girlfriend's
password AND he suspects the person he loves the most.

If you are even sharper, you'll notice that being paranoid actually
INCREASES the chances that your girlfriend is cheating on you, which is
understandable considering that if you don't trust her you're probably a
loser anyways and she will not want anything to do with you.

-- Arik

-----Original Message-----
From: Omer Zak [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 9:11 PM
To: jbo robinson
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [hackers-il] i really need help

Hello Jbo,

> hi i have this girlfriend and im trying to get her
> password to see if she cheating on me or not can u
> help me or send me a program ????????????? thanks

Contrary to some of my associates on this mailing list, I have a reply,
which should address your real need.

Let's define:
A = you suspect that she is cheating on you
B = it is important for you that she not be cheating on you
C = the probability that she is cheating on you

Then:

C = 0.05*A + 0.95*B

In short:  you went to the trouble of posting your question to the
Hackers-IL mailing list, which hosts some of the brightest minds in a far
and distant country.  Therefore, it can be assumed that your B has high
value, probably as much as 100%.

Therefore, C (the probability that she is cheating on you) is at least
95%.  Thus, you have a working approximation of the answer to your
question, even without having to find her password or snoop into her
papers or whatever she is hiding inside her sexy panties.
                                             --- Omer
There is no IGLU Cabal.  A woman important for the effort did not have the
wisdom to avoid a jealously possessive boyfriend.  So, she lost her
life when her boyfriend had an attack of "Othelloitis", before
contributing her knowledge and wisdom to the effort.
WARNING TO SPAMMERS:  at http://www.zak.co.il/spamwarning.html

To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[email-masked]

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/ 

******************************************************************
This mail message was scanned by Vidius Port Authority 
(Enterprise Edition) for unauthorized confidential and 
proprietary information.

http://www.vidius.com
******************************************************************